Art SLA-2 cable questions

bigpapa

Hey all, just snagged a II for a good price last week, so I'm trying to get all my ducks in a row for when it finally arrives. I'm brand new to the modelling world, and wanted to be 100% sure on how to hook up everything. My rig for live settings will be the Axe II>Art SLA-2 power amp>Orange PPC212. I've done some research on banana plugs, XLR etc, but was wondering how you'd go about connecting all this personally. I've looked into XLR to TRS converter plugs, but not sure if that's the route to go. Thanks!

It's been quite a while since I had that combo, but you can just run TS (instrument) cables from the Axe Fx output to SLA input. You don't need XLR...

I used 1/4" to banana plug adapters with my speaker cables to connect the SLA output to my cab.

Not sure this is what you’re asking, but I’ve had bad experience(s) with speaker connections to the SLA2. Specifically, banana plugs falling out / dislodging during performance, especially at loud gig volume.

I recommend you bolt a speaker wire to the SLA’s banana terminals and DON’T use an adapter, like I did. Ultimately, I went with a Matrix, modified my Avatar cabinet and use Speakon cables.

Not sure this is what you’re asking, but I’ve had bad experience(s) with speaker connections to the SLA2. Specifically, banana plugs falling out / dislodging during performance, especially at loud gig volume.

I recommend you bolt a speaker wire to the SLA’s banana terminals and DON’T use an adapter, like I did. Ultimately, I went with a Matrix, modified my Avatar cabinet and use Speakon cables.
Maybe depends on the adapters because I never had any experience like that. In fact, mine were quite snug and took a little bit of oomph to plug in.

On a related note, I loathed moving my rack with this amp because it's a beast as far as size and weight! I think it's something like 30 lbs... And though it's a single space, it is one of the deepest pieces of rack gear I've ever encountered! Definitely deeper than the Axe Fx II.

I liked it a lot for price and sound (and the push-in knobs are cool) but I bought a Matrix when I could and never looked back. And my back thanks me to this day! ;)

On a related note, I loathed moving my rack with this amp because it's a beast as far as size and weight! I think it's something like 30 lbs... And though it's a single space, it is one of the deepest pieces of rack gear I've ever encountered! Definitely deeper than the Axe Fx II.

Has ART shrunk it a bit since then?

Dimensions: 1.75"h x 19"w x 13.5"d
• Weight: 19.8 lbs (9 kg)

ART SLA-2

Back
Top Bottom