Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

The Tweed Deluxe is a completely new beast and acts 99.9% of the real thing minus blown output transformers. So you get all the weirdness on the non-jumped model moving the inactive volume pot, and all the goop in the jumped model. You will have to entirely redo any presets with it because each movement of the gain knob is a different tone.
You can get all the Edge single coil and Lanois, Neil Young humbucker tones.
LOL, what gave me away, the Explorer?!?! :cool:
Thanks, man.

A few weeks ago i tried installing one of the Cygnus beta releases. It seemed that the new firmware changed the amp to a different amp on many of my presets. I saw that the amp numbers and order had changed, but shouldn't the presets keep the same amp? I did a FW refresh in axe edit, but still had the wrong amps.

I just ended up downgrading back to 15.01 and getting my old presets back.

Is there a way to not have it change the actual amp in the presets with this update? Did i do something wrong?

Just in case Rex's response wasn't clear enough, in Axe Edit there is an option called "Refresh after Firmware Update" which tells Axe Edit to re-read the list of amps on the Axe FX and synchronize them. Axe edit won't know about the new amp list until you do this

Possible Bug?

Cygnus so far is just insanely good - loving the new feel and thump I'm getting through my MF10s!

I'm noticing a significant volume jump on the FAS Brown amp when I engage the Saturation switch on the Ideal setting. Bug or by design? Doesn't seem to do this with other amps I'm using and don't recall this being this way before.

EDIT - having just tried with the Friedman, that's doing the same thing too (volume boost). Maybe it was always like this and I never noticed?

Congrats (and thanks) to the team at FAS though - an absolute arse-kicker of an update.

Sukh

That's always sort of been the case. The Saturation switch when engaged to ON adds a diode clipping stage to an amp (part of the Jose mod and similar). But that clipping stage, since it's clipping part of your signal, actually lowers the gain at that stage. so it adds clipping, but lowers level. The ON (IDEAL) mode adds the clipping, but normalizes the level to account for the clipping reducing it. Depending on how hot your signal was into the part of the amp where the diode modelling is added, and how much it boosts to compensate, and whether later stages of the amp were adding more clipping (and therefore capping the volume at the same level regardless of input level) then the ideal switch will be louder than the normal ON mode.

I hear a pop sound out of no where, not switching preset or scene or anything, scared the heck out of me...

This happened twice since yesterday. Anyone else experienced this?

Also hear pop sound when double click on "Base" to switch it from 2 back to 5 position in 5F8 Tweed.

Back
Top Bottom