Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 16.00 "Cygnus"

Waiting so hard to the new factory presets!
You know how sometimes you read some thing and it just kind of spins you out? Totally not the intent of the author, who seems a great guy BTW, and no discord, but this made me think of kids I know who do nothing with so much sweat...

It’s the motto of a generation:
“waiting so hard” -2021

Back on topic and I apologize for the distraction
Get off my lawn and all that...

Fantastic FW! The Amp block sound is stunning! However I think I have discovered an issue with the amp Vibrator depth. It seems that on non-vibrato Fender style amps that turning the Power Amp Vibrato depth to 100% yields a depth of about 50% instead. I can clearly hear a non-vibrato component in the mix. But on the Vibrato models it works as expected.

For those few not getting along with the effect of the new changes of Cygnus and it’s affect on their presets, here is a reference to Cliffs comments on lessening it’s affect:
Post in thread 'Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8'
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...us-firmware-public-beta-8.171486/post-2069486

That being said, I would seriously consider building new presets from scratch that start with Cygnus from the onset.
Definatly want to rebuild from scratch and make it as hard as possible on yourself! I mean you don’t want to be an entitled next generation kid who does nothing without so much sweat now do you?

Fantastic FW! The Amp block sound is stunning! However I think I have discovered an issue with the amp Vibrator depth. It seems that on non-vibrato Fender style amps that turning the Power Amp Vibrato depth to 100% yields a depth of about 50% instead. I can clearly hear a non-vibrato component in the mix. But on the Vibrato models it works as expected.
I don't have the manual handy but I think 100% Vibrator depth is not advised.

So, what's the final word on Amp Block reset? I want to update from 15.01 to 16. the documentation says nothing about resetting anything yet I hear people resetting the amp block. does this not change the amps settings on a purchased preset? can anyone point to a discussion on this maybe?
Whats y'all doin on this?
Thanks

That's what I wanted to ask, because mine (120 nor the 60) don't do it. It just get's more bass heavy and mid focused with a sort of blanket, when I turn the presence down, but I haven't noticed volume difference. It always happened with the Fractal models, but then again, I always compensated with the volume knob.

So, what's the final word on Amp Block reset? I want to update from 15.01 to 16. the documentation says nothing about resetting anything yet I hear people resetting the amp block. does this not change the amps settings on a purchased preset? can anyone point to a discussion on this maybe?
Whats y'all doin on this?
Thanks
There is no final word but 2112 who knows the AXE pretty well is saying from 15.01 to 16
reset the amp block so i would trust that advice

Thanks for the firmware!
Shouldn't we do a soft reset on Drive blocks, Chorus blocks, Reverb, Flanger, etc. as well? Why only on the amp block?
Changes in the algorithm, only affect the amp blocks?

I hate the thought of retiring at 15.01. But, after trying the final release. It just doesn’t sound as beefy. I feel my presets have more bite and tighter low end with 15.01. Sucks knowing I’ll be missing out on the future amp model and fx updates. But 15.01 is perfect to my ears
That's EXACTLY my thoughts yesterday after spending a good 45 minutes building brand new sounds from scratch using the amp and cab combos that I use regularly. Not as tight, less bite, and the new firmware just feels like it's trying to create more low end that wasn't needed.

To all those now asking about resetting amp blocks, I urge you to search the beta threads about this. It has been asked and answered ad nauseum, from so many perspectives, and by so many people both asking and answering, it could be a subforum at this point.
I did a search and its still not clear, which is probably why it comes up again and again and again........

Back
Top Bottom