Expression Pedal?

shawnfitz1222

Inspired
I want to add an expression pedal. I think will help fade in the ambient and swells presets, as opposed to guitar volume knob. :)

FAS EV1 or EV2? Others, like Mission EP1? Suggestions?

The EV1 looks huge and the EV2 looks small. The EV2 may be the same size as the FM3?

As you've discovered, the EV-1 is large and the EV-2 is small. :)

Which will you like better? I honestly have no idea. In the Fractal store, you will find the dimensions for both.

A couple of things to consider before deciding...
How big are your feet?
How much space do you have between the expression pedal and other items; FM3, other pedals, etc?

Make sure its placed after the amp and before the verb/delay...I have 4 Moog EP3 pedals...2 for my FM3 and 2 for my AXE III...volume and wah.
Used them for years with zero issues.
Around $40-$50

I have the EP1. It does what it needs to do and it's build like a tank. Can't comment on the other ones.

I want to add an expression pedal. I think will help fade in the ambient and swells presets, as opposed to guitar volume knob. :)

FAS EV1 or EV2? Others, like Mission EP1? Suggestions?

The EV1 looks huge and the EV2 looks small. The EV2 may be the same size as the FM3?
I just purchased the FM3 and the EV1. Like one of the other respondents said, you should consider the space on your board, the size of your feet and your budget. I have really wide feet and I personally dislike mini pedals, so that’s why I opted for the EV1. It is built like a tank, so I do not have any regrets.

buy a Mission Engineering SP 1 same price and you turn on and off any effect you want by just pressing the knob

buy a Mission Engineering SP 1 same price and you turn on and off any effect you want by just pressing the knob
You can use autoengage without any switch to do the same thing, which saves a switch/pedal jack and extra cable ;)

yes. two with FC 12 on fx III or fm3. plus an old roland ev5
and i'm changing between 2 different sounds in one scene with two volume blocks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom