Power supply cable compatibility question? (New AXE FX III came without one.)

James

I ordered my Axe Fx III around 10 days ago now and just got around to opening the box to plug it in and I see it is missing the power cable. No biggie, people forget things when shipping, it happens, and I have already emailed sales to send me one. The issue is I would like to try it out now and am wondering if it is safe to plug it in with the cable that was connected to my Axe Fx II for now? It is the original Axe II that was released, not the MK II, XL etc if that matters. I guessing it will be OK but I want to make sure in case doing so might destroy something.

Thanks!

Hi @James
Congratulations. Definitely fine - quick ...plug it in plug it in!
Thanks
Pauly

I ordered my Axe Fx III around 10 days ago now and just got around to opening the box to plug it in and I see it is missing the power cable. No biggie, people forget things when shipping, it happens, and I have already emailed sales to send me one. The issue is I would like to try it out now and am wondering if it is safe to plug it in with the cable that was connected to my Axe Fx II for now? It is the original Axe II that was released, not the MK II, XL etc if that matters. I guessing it will be OK but I want to make sure in case doing so might destroy something.

Thanks!

I just ordered one recently as well and also didn’t get the power plug. I have plenty, so that wasn’t an issue. Just got me wondering if mine was a return or something. Not that I am worried, it plays and looks great!

I suppose when packing, they would need to know in advance which country/region the units were shipping to.
Several times in the past when i've bought electrical items (Not Fractal I might add...), the wrong IEC cable was in the box, either a 2 pin US or European type, which obviously are no use to me in the UK, so they just get thrown away.

I suppose when packing, they would need to know in advance which country/region the units were shipping to.
Yes, that's exactly true. What happened here -- with apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused -- is that some units intended for an international dealer who adds their own power cable were accidentally shipped in the USA.

If this happened to you, you can either contact our sales or support teams for a free replacement, or use a standard power cable that you already have -- such as from another Fractal product, or a computer, or other product with the same 3-prong grounded plug and IEC connector as shown below:

1618665575937.png

Anyone else have a pile of IECs of a myriad of lengths sitting in a closet "just in case"?

Don't get me started on USB cables...
Jesus! I have a box of that shit, all sorts, going back maybe 20 years. I have a mild hoarding complex: Might need it someday, and I've got the room.... smh

Back
Top Bottom