FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

I used to use two external, but have traded those two for another EV. So I'm running two EV-1 only and the FM3
I run the FM3 with the EV2 and no external switches. Works great for me -- but, then again, I don't like to think too much :)

Same here. The simplest, but most powerful rig I’ve ever owned.
I agree, as I said - I’ve worked my way down from FC18 to FC15 (FM3 + 12), FC9 (FC6 + FM3), FM5 (FM3 + 2 external) and now FM3.

I enjoy playing much more now, pick a good sound and get on with it, I have 4 scenes, 5 effects, looper, volume pedal etc. All in a tiny footprint

I agree, as I said - I’ve worked my way down from FC18 to FC15 (FM3 + 12), FC9 (FC6 + FM3), FM5 (FM3 + 2 external) and now FM3.

I enjoy playing much more now, pick a good sound and get on with it, I have 4 scenes, 5 effects, looper, volume pedal etc. All in a tiny footprint
Teach me your ways. I love this.

Yeah. My favorite presets, increasingly, are becoming more and more simple. I find that once I get a sound I like and then add something else the addition can push the tone in the wrong direction. I then dial back.

Yeah. My favorite presets, increasingly, are becoming more and more simple. I find that once I get a sound I like and then add something else the addition can push the tone in the wrong direction. I then dial back.
This is how I roll too. My main preset is really straight forward. I try to add things here and there because I feel like I’m not utilizing the FM3 to it’s potential, but realistically, I’m good with minimal stuff.

I updated mine just now, and I also have the mini lcd issue on the left switch. It displays a rectangle as if the contrast was at 100%. Changing the contrast does nothing.

And if you reset the system parameters (Utility menu)?

No change

That's disappointing; I had the exact same issue and resetting the system parameters did fix it. Just a note of caution if anyone else needs to do this, reseting the system parameters also wipes your switch settings and will reset your foot switch layouts so make sure you have backed up all layouts and make a note of switch settings on the unit itself so you can get everything back after the reset.

FYI re possible bugs: I know others have pointed this out, but now it's happening to me -- During scene or preset changes the middle scribble script goes blank. (Note: The text on the FM3 unit screen remains in tact). Rebooting, thus far, has corrected the issue, until it happens again.

FYI re possible bugs: I know others have pointed this out, but now it's happening to me -- During scene or preset changes the middle scribble script goes blank. (Note: The text on the FM3 unit screen remains in tact). Rebooting, thus far, has corrected the issue, until it happens again.
I think they mentioned they have the fix on the blank strips in the next release hopefully next week
i went back for now and may just wait on Cygnus at this point

Same here. The simplest, but most powerful rig I’ve ever owned.

The FM3 is deceptively minimalist yet it has more power and flexibility (with just those three switches) than my big board. I love the space savings!
While Cygnus should be causing a lot of excitement for me, I actually love the sounds that I’m getting as is. My fear is that if I keep tweaking my tone, I’ll eventually tweak it into a bad sound. 😁

This is how I roll too. My main preset is really straight forward. I try to add things here and there because I feel like I’m not utilizing the FM3 to it’s potential, but realistically, I’m good with minimal stuff.

I am currently torn between the Corncob (Cornford) and the Atomica. Kind of cool to be able to
rock the FM3 old school style just riding the guitar's volume control all night like you are actually
playing a tube amp. FUN!

Last edited:
The FM3 is deceptively minimalist yet it has more power and flexibility (with just those three switches) than my big board. I love the space savings!
While Cygnus should be causing a lot of excitement for me, I actually love the sounds that I’m getting as is. My fear is that if I keep tweaking my tone, I’ll eventually tweak it into a bad sound. 😁
That's what the Snapshot button is for, and then there are backups....

Back
Top Bottom