Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Find the closest to your amp tone stock and tweak it... New FW can mean some tweaks.
Personally, I've only had improvement with very few tweaks other than maybe preset/snapshot levels.

Seems installing this update has deleted all of my saved blocks. Doesn't really make sense, so perhaps I am mistaken.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I had hundrds of blocks
This was a dumb post, my bad.

Turns out setting up a new computer and activating one drive, Microsoft decided to move my blk files off of my laptop upstairs and onto one drive where the Axe can't see them. I would be surprised, but Microsoft products are by far the most absurdly illogical entities I have ever encountered, so it is pretty much per expectation.

The release candidate sounds great. Really enjoying the overall touch responsiveness in Cygnus.

The Legend 100 doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the Cali Leggy to me. Crank the depth control, and there is my favorite tone! The depth control on the Legend 100 just sounds weird. It muddies the tone rather than beefs it up. Any chance of adding the Cali Leggy back?

he didn't ask to change the Legend 100, but to add the Leggy back
I am pretty sure both Legacy models were renamed. Nothing to "get back"...

I am pretty sure both Legacy models were renamed. Nothing to "get back"...
Sorry, but the Legend 100 sounds nothing like the Cali Leggy did, I think it was taken out and Cliff left an improved Legato plus the Legato 3 rd Channel added As Legend 100 and Legend 100 III. I used the Cali Leggy for the ”Eat ‘em and Smile Stuff...! Anyhow, I’ve already tweaked the Legato 100 to sound more like the Cali Leggy, not quite, but close enough!

Sorry, but the Legend 100 sounds nothing like the Cali Leggy did, I think it was taken out and Cliff left an improved Legato plus the Legato 3 rd Channel added As Legend 100 and Legend 100 III. I used the Cali Leggy for the ”Eat ‘em and Smile Stuff...! Anyhow, I’ve already tweaked the Legato 100 to sound more like the Cali Leggy, not quite, but close enough!
Ahh, ok. That clears it up...

However, Vai didn't use that amp for Eat 'em and Smile... He didn't get the amp until the album was done (or very close to it). I read that recently.

Ahh, ok. That clears it up...

However, Vai didn't use that amp for Eat 'em and Smile... He didn't get the amp until the album was done (or very close to it). I read that recently.
Correct its a modded plexi 100
w additional gain stage and KT88

The 100 watt plexi head features an extra gain stage, frequency adjust control, effects loop & master volume. The head has been well maintained in Los Angeles and features matching Drake transformers, KT88 quad-matched power tubes & hand-selected pre-amp tubes to Steve’s liking.”

Beta 11 was based on a 2020 BE Deluxe. There are a couple resistors that are larger values which lowers the cutoff frequency of the coupling capacitors.

People were complaining about the models so I went back to the 2018 version of the amp. There is nothing you can do as a user aside from using Beta 11.
That’s exactly what I said before. I went to my favorite guitar store last Saturday and tried the Be100 dlx. It sounded like my Friedman preset in Cygnus b11. Now you’re right, it as a different voicing in the 12. Don’t know which one I prefer. I know the 2018 sits better in a mix but I believe me, the Friedman in b11 was sooooo much fun to play. That would be great to have the choice 👍😃 in release version!!! It’s up to you and great job again 😌

If you
My inner voice.
if you know what I mean, to me, some Friedman amps are known to be a bit « muddy » or « less defined » but sometimes this is the tone I’m looking for. For instance, I used the Cygnus beta Bev1fat in my Kashmir video and to me it sounds « heavy ». Not as defined as Page’s sound but more...something else lol. Play it at +- 1min, you’ll understand. If you go through the song, there are 2 solos played with same amp but od808 in front, and geq with 3db boost for 2K frequency.

Suggestion for those who are unsatisfied with some aspect of the tone at the new firmware:

1) Use a reamped track to create clips with the old and the new firmware version, for a proper A/B comparison
2) Post both clips and the preset, so you can receive advice from FAS or from other users of the forum
...Nah that'd be too coherent or analytically-minded.

If you

if you know what I mean, to me, some Friedman amps are known to be a bit « muddy » or « less defined » but sometimes this is the tone I’m looking for. For instance, I used the Cygnus beta Bev1fat in my Kashmir video and to me it sounds « heavy ». Not as defined as Page’s sound but more...something else lol. Play it at +- 1min, you’ll understand. If you go through the song, there are 2 solos played with same amp but od808 in front, and geq with 3db boost for 2K frequency.

This sounds awesome. Where did you learn to play the saz?

When I listen to the 2 Friedman comparaison here, the new version is horrible to me, like you need to change the battery in emg 😅.

concerning the new carvin, I prefer it 10 time than the cali leggy or legato 100

as we all have different tastes, cliff won’t change the amps for each one of us everytime ...
I prefer to have new amps in the future, like new orange , engl and many more ... and the wish list of the forum got millions of ideas not done yet .
Maybe we are wasting his time
Except when we really notice a bug 😀✌🏻

so . are fractal t shirt American size ? Is the XL very big ?
i cook a lot in this pandemic era so I need some space for my belly

When I listen to the 2 Friedman comparaison here, the new version is horrible to me, like you need to change the battery in emg 😅.

concerning the new carvin, I prefer it 10 time than the cali leggy or legato 100

as we all have different tastes, cliff won’t change the amps for each one of us everytime ...
I prefer to have new amps in the future, like new orange , engl and many more ... and the wish list of the forum got millions of ideas not done yet .
Maybe we are wasting his time
Except when we really notice a bug 😀✌🏻

so . are fractal t shirt American size ? Is the XL very big ?
i cook a lot in this pandemic era so I need some space for my belly
I also though my wireless was running out of battery when I first played in beta 12’s Friedman. So much different in feel and as you can hear on my previous video comparaison post, less « alive » under fingers. I’m sure Cliff is able to make everyone happy 😊 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom