Red Sound Elis8 FRFR Review and MF 10 Comparision

I sent an ELIS.8 Stereo Bundle request on Feb 21. I sent Sussi an email today just checking how things are going. I mentioned I'm in the states. She forwarded my email to Mirko, so I'm likely starting from the end of the line. :( My fault for not sending the request to the right place to begin with I suppose.
I was on the waitlist for only about an hour when I did that a bout a week ago.

Curious about the quality level of cables you all are using. Trying to decide how much to spend on xlr to xlr type to connect fx3 to the Elis.8. Somewhere in the 10 to 15 ft. length.

btw, sash, your English ist sehr gut.
Thank you 🙏 ☺️
And for the cables, I‘m using two CLR cables from G66 that I ordered with the cabinets.
The Bundle comes with an Cordial Speakon cable included to connect the active and passive cab.

Finally got a little more playing time tonight on the Elis.8. I’m on the latest Cygnus beta. Instead of using my presets, I scrolled through some of the factory presets and mixed in some fender amps just with the stock setting. This thing sounds great. Forget my first post that was based on my presets. I will need to redo those. Very happy.

Finally got a little more playing time tonight on the Elis.8. I’m on the latest Cygnus beta. Instead of using my presets, I scrolled through some of the factory presets and mixed in some fender amps just with the stock setting. This thing sounds great. Forget my first post that was based on my presets. I will need to redo those. Very happy.
Glad that you like them, exactly my experience, stock presets sound great without major tweaking etc.

Just ordered the Elis8 bundle. Looking forward to receiving them. Mirko is super responsive and its pretty cool to be able to correspond with the head honcho!
Yes, Mirko is great to work with.

I'm currently auditioning some of the FM3 ambient presets through my ELIS.8 speakers. Switching to UltraRes adds a nice sheen and openness to the guitar through them, and, as I switched around between presets I always thought they really represent the sound of the guitar nicely. I'm currently using a PRS 509, and in both single coil and humbucker mode, every pickup has a nice and clear voice. They're just right.

About a week ago I had the opportunity to really turn them up and was messing with presets with the Plexi 50 Watt and Trainwreck Express, and they definitely hold their own.

I'm very happy with them, and would definitely buy them again.

Just ordered the Elis8 bundle. Looking forward to receiving them. Mirko is super responsive and its pretty cool to be able to correspond with the head honcho!
I absolutely agree, Mirko is super responsive and you can always feel his passion for his products.
Great choice on the Elis 8 👍🏻
cheers
Sascha

Yes, Mirko is great to work with.

I'm currently auditioning some of the FM3 ambient presets through my ELIS.8 speakers. Switching to UltraRes adds a nice sheen and openness to the guitar through them, and, as I switched around between presets I always thought they really represent the sound of the guitar nicely. I'm currently using a PRS 509, and in both single coil and humbucker mode, every pickup has a nice and clear voice. They're just right.

About a week ago I had the opportunity to really turn them up and was messing with presets with the Plexi 50 Watt and Trainwreck Express, and they definitely hold their own.

I'm very happy with them, and would definitely buy them again.
Yeah, they really shine and bloom on higher volume 👍🏻

No I have not ordered them yet but I will order them next week.
Nice one! Let me know what they are like when you do get them. I think I'm gonna order a couple myself when I get some more cash together. I'm hopefully buying a new guitar this weekend so I can't order them just yet.

Nice one! Let me know what they are like when you do get them. I think I'm gonna order a couple myself when I get some more cash together. I'm hopefully buying a new guitar this weekend so I can't order them just yet.
New guitar? Tell me more 😃
I‘m absolutely gassing for the new Music Man St Vincent and I did preorder one.30842802-E935-46AE-B807-70EB5ECCD2F5.png

New guitar? Tell me more 😃
I‘m absolutely gassing for the new Music Man St Vincent and I did preorder one.View attachment 81712
Lol I sold an R9 and an R0 I had recently and decided to put the cash towards one of the new Murphy Lab LP's. It's been on hold for a while till I sold off my 2 guitars. I'm ready to buy the Murphy Lab one now finally. I've bought a heavy aged 59" In slow iced tea. Looks awesome! Reminds of Pearly a bit lol

Those new St Vincent's look interesting! Not sure it's my thing but I like the reverse headstock on it. Nice finish too! I saw her playing that on SNL recently. You preorder one you say? Nice! looking forward to hearing about that when it turns up.

Well, well, well, look what arrived a day ahead of schedule? I'm in Florida until tomorrow, but looking forward to checking them out upon arrival!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-182222_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419-182222_Messages.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom