FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Sorry if this is s dumb question but does snyeone know how many ms does an IR have to be to be Ultrares?

For those of you who have downloaded this, does Ultrares make a real difference? I’m asking because I watched Pete Thorn’s video about IRs and it basically concluded that anything over about 20ms is a waste because you’re really just hearing room reflections that you could get with a reverb. What do you think?
I was actually quite surprised how much of a difference it makes. My high gain scenes have more attitude and sound clearer. I kept going back and forth between standard and ultra thinking it's only in my head, so I had my wife help me with a blind-taste-test. She might not know what OMG9 is, but she can select two options from a drop down menu! Within a few seconds I could correctly identify the ultra res cabs.

I think it's been reported extensively, but confirmed I'm getting the "out2 copying out1" volume issue. Extremely loud (full volume?) and the out2 knob does nothing. I'm glad I had my hand resting on the strings to mute them as I was going into the 90 watt power section of a Mark V :p

Otherwise loving it - that DS1-mod is SO GOOD! And the ultrares cabs are a nice subtly different flavor.

Never, ever, reboot her.

Mine says crazy things like... "Well, if you like it, get it! Life's too short." knowing that I'll agonize over it trying to decide if whatever it is will actually be a worthwhile investment.
I really need to reboot mine!

Maybe get a new one... better yet: None! :)

But talking about good things, and FM3 is a great one.

I love the New Drives, they have more character and and feels better.

UltraRes extends the details at low and high end.

Bug maybe ??? 3.03 beta seems to be working fine on FM3 but FM Edit won't load on my Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, every time i click to open the application it sends me back to the web to download it again, I tried loading the dmg a few times but same result

Bug maybe ??? 3.03 beta seems to be working fine on FM3 but FM Edit won't load on my Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, every time i click to open the application it sends me back to the web to download it again, I tried loading the dmg a few times but same result
Try running the new one.

Does FAS supply lawyer updates...Yek done that list yet?? Not to rub salt in the wound but my non-gearhead wife said, "If you can get the B-stock FC-6 then you could do that OMG9 thingy Cooper and Leon are always talking about, couldn't you?" A tear ran down my cheek....
Will this be a part of the Cygnus-update? If not, it's 100 % on the wish list ;-)

I love the New Drives, they have more character and and feels better.
They seem to have a more useable gain range... sound as having less gain, while you can push them in a musical way.... previously I had to tame both low and high searching for the right sound... now it seems more like plug & play...

Curious - are you folks not getting the level knobs out are useless bug, or do you just leave it wide open all the time and not care?

Curious - are you folks not getting the level knobs out are useless bug, or do you just leave it wide open all the time and not care?
I may have gotten this when using SPDIF. I think normally the knobs control the output level of those but I think I have experienced a situation where they did not have any effect. Further testing needed.

For those of you who have downloaded this, does Ultrares make a real difference? I’m asking because I watched Pete Thorn’s video about IRs and it basically concluded that anything over about 20ms is a waste because you’re really just hearing room reflections that you could get with a reverb. What do you think?
IMO it's a pretty subtle difference. In a band mix you'd never notice. The updated drives is the more significant improvement in this firmware.

Ultra-Res is not that important to me. I hear the difference only when comparing 1-to-1, but never in recordings of electronic guitar. Also, I don't really want those room reflections. It's cool for recording acoustic guitar / instruments, and bass seems to get a little extra from Ultra-Res. I guess that CPU is more important to me than using Ultra-Res. I don't know what Cliff's current POV is, but some time ago he stated that he favors short IRs these days.

Hey @BryantP , thank for all the help. Is the missing display "faded letter" on the left button a known issue?
Yes, it is now known and top on the list.
BUG

When a footswitch is assigned to action Bank+1/Bank-1, and preset load to first or current, the bank increment is done right, and the preset loaded is done right, but the presets of the bank flashes as the bank were not the active bank.
This is not a bug. This is intentional. Apologies for this new behavior being left out of the release notes.
EDIT: This feature was added in 3.02, hence it was not in the 3.03 release notes.

The continued flashing when Preset Load is not set to None you mentioned in subsequent posts is a bug and will be addressed for the next release. Thank you for bringing that to our attention.
If you have not already done so, please post to the FM3-Edit thread for help with this.

Last edited:

Only affects out2 for me (which I have set to duplicate out1). For now I'm just not using out2. If I really needed it I'd roll back to 3.02 for now.

Back
Top Bottom