FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

@REDD

Sorry you're stuck but I think I can help! The FM3 has a built-in recovery system known as the “Emergency Boot Loader” to protect against mishaps during firmware update. To boot from the emergency boot loader:

1. Power down the unit and wait five seconds.
2. Power on holding both PAGE LEFT and PAGE RIGHT buttons until the Emergency Utility page appears.
3. Update as normal using Fractal-Bot.

If that DOESN'T work, email me at support@fractalaudio.com
I finally remembered that Matt and got it back to life, thank you.

I already max the cpu on my fm3 so I hope it doesn't add any more load

Last edited by a moderator:
This might mentioned as bug in this thread but haven't seen it. If so, please provide link.

After installing 3.03, the FM3 volumes are turned down but getting full volume into the FRFR. Have I/O set to copy 1. However, the studio monitors are silent until volume knob is turned up.

This didn't happen with 3.2. To double-check I reinstalled 3.2. No volume until volume knobs are turned up. GTG.

Head scratcher.

I've attempted multiple times to install this latest version of Editor on to my Mac per your instructions. I have rebooted my computer. Each time, FM3 Edit shows version 3.02 and, as before, none of the updates appear. Everything remains as it was under 3.02. I assume that I'm still doing something wrong, but I'm at a loss. If I'm also required to download this: FM3 firmware version 3.03 beta 1 is available for download here:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/3p0/fm3_dsp_rel_3p03_beta_1.zip -- then I have done that too, but when I attempt to open it there's no app that will allow me to do so -- apparently, because it's a .syx file ????
Are you using fractal boot?

This might mentioned as bug in this thread but haven't seen it. If so, please provide link.

After installing 3.03, the FM3 volumes are turned down but getting full volume into the FRFR. Have I/O set to copy 1. However, the studio monitors are silent until volume knob is turned up.

This didn't happen with 3.2. To double-check I reinstalled 3.2. No volume until volume knobs are turned up. GTG.

Head scratcher.
Got same issue and it is reported by some other users too.

At first I was disappointed that there was no Cygnus beta and thought not to try this firmware. Of the drives, I had only used the Tube-drive 3-knob before anyway, as it sounded the most familiar to me. So I didn't care about the others.
However, the factory ir's and purchased packages never completely convinced me. I was looking for ir's that weren't annoying rather than ones that made me happy. So I wanted to try the Ultra-Res feature and installed the firmware.
-And I'm so glad I did!
This beta is a huge step forward and playing with the FM3 for the first time is as much fun through the studio monitors as it is through my 2x12 and 4x12 cabs. The ir's sound much more authentic with Ultra-Res.
A whole new world has opened up with the drives. The differences between them are much clearer to hear. Scrolling through, I immediately recognized some with my ears by the sound.
Fortunately, my device works as flawlessly as before, except for the output 2, which can not be regulated. I'm sure the fractal team will fix that quickly.
After a new reading of the cabs, the Ultra-Res colors are also displayed correctly. Only with some downloaded presets the cpu load increased and I had to adjust the presets.
It is hard to believe that the device can get even better with Cygnus.
Thank you for the great work.

I think I will wait for Beta 2. Seems to be a few things that need to be sorted out. I'm excited to hear the UltraRes, but can wait another week!

Hey guys confirm that anyone of the new drive pedals could be selected as a boost in the preamp amp section?

I have some OH and ML IRs in my FM3 now. Did I read correctly that reimporting them should allow them to take advantage of the UltraRes or do I need to buy CabLab and convert them first?

Back
Top Bottom