FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

No issues here, agree - new drives (one thing I miss from when I had the III), sound absolutely amazing - time to rethink my layouts!

Ultrares - subtle, but still somehow amazing difference on the IRs I’ve tried so far (all York Audio) - much more depth to the top end, and more pleasant, going through and removing all high cuts now

thanks!

Now testing...
Have also issue with volume of OUT2 - not reactive !

Also tried in I/O settings if switching Mode, Phase or Output copy to other values and back - no way.
Doesn't matter if it set to Input1 or Outup1.
Workaround now with Bosst/Pad set to 18dB - this paramter is working.
Meters view also showing that Out2 is not reactive compared to Out1 that works fine.

But no other issues until now.
Pitch block had a strong latency after update - resetting the block, working fine now.
Really hear the difference to Ultrares IR.
Setting all my allday presets to ultrares now.

The snarl and growl of the drive blocks is great. Fuzz pedals have hair and a pleasing grind. I need to explore them more but I’m starting to wonder if I should sell my zvex fuzz factory.

Ultrares I can’t really tell a difference TBH.

Well done, Fractal!

Bug? In my FM3 Edit -- I have no setting in the Cab Block with which to select ultra res or standard -- please see attached snapshot. This is the case with my existing presets, as well as with any Cab I load (as shown in the snapshot) after having downloaded 3.03.

Attachments

• EMPTY_20210410_072512.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 7
Bug? In my FM3 Edit -- I have no setting in the Cab Block with which to select ultra res or standard -- please see attached snapshot. This is the case with my existing presets, as well as with any Cab I load (as shown in the snapshot) after having downloaded 3.03.
This is how FM3 Edit 1.03.03 shows now the cab block. Clicking the IR length you select Standard or Ultra.
The second cab is standard, so it's green.
The first one is Ultra, so it's purple.
Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-10 a les 14.35.33.png

You attached a preset (or cab IR), not a picture.

Reactions: JTI
Well I just loaded it up and the Out 2 knob is unresponsive. There’s sound but when I raise or lower the knob nothing happens. I rolled back to 3.02 and it’s back to normal.
Confirmed this (using Copy OUT 1 )....and care should definitely be taken as I/O configs can be dangerously borked with no knob control over OUT 2 at higher levels ..as I found out the hard way. rolled back to 3.02 as well.

Back
Top Bottom