FM3 Firmware Version 3.03 beta 1

Fired it up, didn't mess around with too many pedals, just one I picked out because I didn't recognize the name. Turns out to be a djent pedal, lol. Mikey don't djent. But I made it sound pretty dang good.

One of my favorite pedals lately is the simple Mid Boost. Makes everything sound great.

I did have a couple error messages on the first 2 tries with the editor. 3rd time was issue free, and it remained issue free.

I think we’ve been pretty lucky up until now that most FM3 beta releases have had very minor bugs not noticeable to most average users so If this is the price of progress on our way to Cygnus, so be it!

Thanks Fractal and to everyone who worked on this one , the drive block is sounding great and all the new additions, the Horizon, Crunch Box, OCD and Voodoo drive are wicked
overall the whole block sounds much better and interacts with the amp models in a much more natural way
and the Ultra Res , thanks. so much for that , my York Audio mix Irs, finally sound like the way I remember them on my AX3

Thanks Fractal and to everyone who worked on this one , the drive block is sounding great and all the new additions, the Horizon, Crunch Box, OCD and Voodoo drive are wicked
overall the whole block sounds much better and interacts with the amp models in a much more natural way
and the Ultra Res , thanks. so much for that , my York Audio mix Irs, finally sound like the way I remember them on my AX3
I'm surprised by the difference ultra res makes for some of my IRs. And loving the drive block as well.

Thank you! All seems to be working just fine, I really can hear a slight difference between the new and old drive modelling. I really appreciate how much effort there is to optimize the modelling, so it can run on the FM3! That's what I call customer care ❤️

Hello,

I believe there is a bug that kills the sound in the beta 3.

I have recorded the same on the same preset and as you can see the sound amplifies massively the low end.

I am using the York Audio IR however happens with all IRs even stock ones.

I have also recreated the preset reseting all blocks just in case but I get the same result

Can you please check @FractalAudio @BryantP ? Maybe i am doing something wrong (obviously I attach the preset but I don't attach the IR.

Thanks,

EDIT - I believe the issue comes with the Treble Booster as trying the firmware with an external Treble Booster I don't get the issue

Attachments

• Magic Queen - Cable.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Anyone else had trouble installing FM3-Edit 1.3.3? When I run FM3-edit v1.3.2, on start-up I get the pop-up to install 1.3.3. I hit OK, it downloads then FM3-Edit closes and nothing happens. I restart FM3-edit and the same thing happens (groundhog day). I have already updated the FW on my FM3, should I have done that the other way around? Not sure whether that matters...

EDIT: just went back to FW3.02 on the FM3, still the same problem with FM3-edit.
EDIT: also tried to uninstall FMe-Edit and re-install (1.3.2). Works fine. Same thing with 1.3.3. doesn't.
EDIT: solved, it was marked as a virus by Panda Dome... (without a notification, goodbye Panda)

Last edited:
Many thanks Fractal / rglr.

Huge / awesome update !!

Just out of sheer pure curiosity - I know Cygnus is currently being ported for the FM3 - but do you think we will see the new Axe 3 Pitch Block ported over - or is that realistically a "CPU bridge too-far" :)

Thanks again for this huge update,
Ben

Hello,

I believe there is a bug tahta kills the sound in the beta 3.

I have recorded the same on the same preset and as you can see the sound amplifies massively the low end.

I am using the York Audio IR however happens with all IRs even stock ones.

I have also recreated the preset reseting all blocks just in case but I get the same result

Can you please check @FractalAudio @BryantP ? Maybe i am doing something wrong (obviously I attach the preset but I don't attach the IR.

Thanks,

EDIT - I believe the issue comes with the Treble Booster as trying the firmware with an external Treble Booster I don't get the issue

Possibly related to the non-functional (bug) Low Cut parameter in the updated Drive block.

BUG

When a footswitch is assigned to action Bank+1/Bank-1, and preset load to first or current, the bank increment is done right, and the preset loaded is done right, but the presets of the bank flashes as the bank were not the active bank.

BUG : Tested this morning, I have a bug on the left mini LCD of the FM3, the contrast does not work correctly, unfortunately it does not show on a photo. I go back to version 3.02

Back
Top Bottom