Let's see those FM3 rigs!

My rehearsal setup. Live I use in-ears & no floor monitor 90% of the time.
mKM8s3W.jpg
Great wireless there. How do you like the Headrush?

How are you liking the Ventris in addition to the Fractal reverbs? On my live (tube) rig I am using a Source Audio Ventris and Nemesis, but have always felt like the reverbs in my Axe-Fx III are on par.
I agree the Fractal Reverbs are stellar and equally as good as the best out there, including the Source Audio stuff.

This is the latest iteration of my board with some killer additions: The Duellist and the Gladio. I'm really happy with the tones, response and feel of the FM3 amp models when combining these fantastic pedals in the Fx loop. I don't use the drive block on the FM3 anymore which allows me to set a higher quality of the reverb block and keep CPU usage under 85%.

Signal chain: Guitars>JHS AB switch>One Control Loop switch Volume/Expression>Dunlop DVP4mini>MC404CAE wah>Dunlop Fuzz Face mini Jimi Hendrix>FM3 inst input>FX loop before the amp block (Tumnus Dlx>JHS Bonsai>Duellist>Gladio)>output in stereo. Rockstock dual switch for tuner, tap tempo and summon the Master Layout on the FM3.

View attachment 78112
View attachment 78114
View attachment 78116View attachment 78117View attachment 78118
B.A.R. Bad Ass Rig. This is awesome! So compact yet full.

Great wireless there. How do you like the Headrush?
It gets very little use, but it has never let me down, so I give it 2 thumbs up. In comparison with MUCH more expensive monitors like some of the event production companies I work with use, well...

It's a solid $200-ish investment and, IMHO, more than enough for most stages/personal monitoring.

I had a broken Crybaby Mini that I gutted and turned into an expression pedal that I use, it's pretty much the same thing (just a non-linear pot taper, which is a bit weird)
Haha I did the same thing a couple of years ago when i was on the AX8!

(ultimately went back to a full sized tho...)

Posted this to a FB group the other day, but thought I'd share here too: I finished up my FM3 integrated board! A jigsaw and drill were the only power tools used. Build pics below. The FM3 is secure yet easily disattached. The Moskey is set for tap tempo (top) and a preset-dependent effect (usually delay; bottom). FS1 is an overdrive. FS2&3 toggle between 4 base tone/effect combinations per preset. View attachment 81037View attachment 81038View attachment 81039View attachment 81040

I especially like the Mosky mod to face the jack downward. I’m stealing that idea :)

This is just me in the “thinking out loud” phase looking at potential layouts.

The Boss GA-FC is just standing in for the Voes MX-5 which is on the way.

The pedalboard is also just standing in temporarily as I want to build something custom.

I’m not sure about the wireless yet. I’ve had it for ages but haven’t used it in years. I’m considering other options including the newer G10S model.
6729D9C4-CCCC-49FF-ABE7-6D3B6852AFFE.jpeg

Option 2:
The board would be about 7” wider with the FC6. Hmmm.
B949ED27-13A5-4BAF-A3C1-12ECB7D72E29.jpeg

Last edited:
Just got my temple board - still need to trick it out and do some cable management. I haven’t bought any plates or side modules yet so I’m stuck with Velcro (ugh). The 2 switch is up there out of the way for presets up and down. FM3 is pretty spacious with the sides off.

Attachments

• D94A6DFF-5051-4C0B-B9D1-59D1B637A943.jpeg
    D94A6DFF-5051-4C0B-B9D1-59D1B637A943.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 129

The pedalboard is also just standing in temporarily as I want to build something custom.

I’m not sure about the wireless yet. I’ve had it for ages but haven’t used it in years. I’m considering other options including the newer G10S model.
View attachment 81536

Option 2:
View attachment 81537
I had a lot better luck with the Line6 G10S system than the G10. The G10 does not give you control over what channel it uses and would always pick the channel that the bass players was using so my guitar would come out of the his bass amp. This happened numerous times and I tried resetting, plugging back in to select a new channel with no luck. I eventually stopped using it live. When the G10S came out I went with it as you can select the channel to use. I had no problems after that.

Long time heavy-weight pedalboard guy here! My new setup (since december) - clean, small and simple.
EHX 720, SD Power Stage 170, EV1, FM3 (with CEBA case) and a custom build switcher (by the awesome dude of LOOPERWERK) to control both the EHX720 and FM3 (preset and view up/down) - everything packed on a Temple Audio 24 and into a Pelicase 1605 air (perfect fit!).
SquarePlugs, Mooer Mushroom topper, Rockboard MIDI Cable, angled USB cable and a few ports on the side :)

fm3-0.JPG

fm3-1.jpg

fm3-2.jpg

fm3-3.JPG

Last edited:
Long time heavy-weight pedalboard guy here! My new setup (since december) - clean, small and simple.
EHX 720, SD Power Stage 170, EV1, FM3 (with CEBA case) and a custom build switcher (by the awesome dude of LOOPERWERK) to control both the EHX720 and FM3 (preset and view up/down) - everything packed on a Temple Audio 17 and into a Pelicase 1605 air (perfect fit!).
SquarePlugs, Mooer Mushroom topper, Rockboard MIDI Cable, angled USB cable and a few ports on the side :)

View attachment 81670

View attachment 81671

View attachment 81672

View attachment 81673
That’s a beautiful and clean setup.

Just got my temple board - still need to trick it out and do some cable management. I haven’t bought any plates or side modules yet so I’m stuck with Velcro (ugh). The 2 switch is up there out of the way for presets up and down. FM3 is pretty spacious with the sides off.
Looks good what tele is that ?

View attachment 81536

Option 2:
View attachment 81537
One with FC6. So much easier and more flexible.

Back
Top Bottom