FM3 in Europe is $500 more than USA?

Indeed if something happens it s a hassle but other than that there is no issue at all. I have done countless trips and also loads and loads of friends too that get stuff like iphones etc (for personal use always) and not a single one has ever been stopped in like the last 20 years.
Are you bragging, that you are the best smuggler in the sector?

In addition to currency and VAT... G66 needs to make a profit as well, so that pushing things up again.

Yessss...old stuff. Of course you can try to shunt the system, a friend got a nice professional strat that way. But then you also accept the 1-2% risk of paying twice the price or even loose the material if customs get on it. All I can tell is that if you have a cross on your bag at pickup of the baggage system you will be inspected haha. Cost me a few bottles of rhum once ! But I was lucky; no fine I guess they were just thirsty

tenor.gif

Are you bragging, that you are the best smuggler in the sector?
bragging?? are you seriously telling me that whenever you go abroad and you buy anything for your own use (clothes, memorabilia, a painting etc) which btw you paid taxes there, you declare it in the customs and pay extra VAT? If you do that and if someone doing it, you call it smuggling, I m sorry but i find this a bit funny to even discuss it.

bragging?? are you seriously telling me that whenever you go abroad and you buy anything for your own use (clothes, memorabilia, a painting etc) which btw you paid taxes there, you declare it in the customs and pay extra VAT? If you do that and if someone doing it, you call it smuggling, I m sorry but i find this a bit funny to even discuss it.
There is a personal allowance, which is currently 390 GBP coming back to the UK. Anything above that should be declared. I know a guy who visited the States and came back with two sets of Ping Irons in a single golf bag and wasn't stopped, but if you get caught you will have the goods confiscated and face the possibility of a fine as well. It doesn't matter if it seems ridiculous to you, it's the law.

If you bring stuff back to the UK in your own vehicle, and get caught with goods over and above your personal allowance that you haven't declared, then you can have the vehicle confiscated as well, so it can get serious.

He's joking, referencing Star Wars.

hello guys,so i aw that in usa,fm3 is going for 999 while in europe its still 1490...thats a 500$ difference........isnt it too much? every other modeler has around the same price worldwide and even if theres a difference ....its not 1. x the price.... cmon,hows that? i get the 1 more year warranty etc...but even if you buy 3 year in usa its still 400 difference...

You are confused... the FM3 is €1,063.87 without VAT... or $1265 USD.
If you buy the FM3 in the US, you would be charged $91.15 in sales tax, which equals €917

Also, part of difference is that the exchange rate has gone up since April 2020

You clearly haven't done the Kessel run.

There is a personal allowance, which is currently 390 GBP coming back to the UK. Anything above that should be declared. I know a guy who visited the States and came back with two sets of Ping Irons in a single golf bag and wasn't stopped, but if you get caught you will have the goods confiscated and face the possibility of a fine as well. It doesn't matter if it seems ridiculous to you, it's the law.

If you bring stuff back to the UK in your own vehicle, and get caught with goods over and above your personal allowance that you haven't declared, then you can have the vehicle confiscated as well, so it can get serious.
i understand, again i have not known of a single case over decades that something like that has happened. Even if they stop someone for any reason, how are they going to prove what is new, what is bought, what was brought back etc from all the items one has in his suitcase?
I m not advocating smuggling etc, but bringing something like this (a device, clothes/shoes etc), for personal use, it is kind of common practice and done by everyone

Right, but VAT is the basically the EU version of sales tax.
I know... But you quoted a specific amount for sales tax, which is variable by state (and probably county and even city) not fixed.

Sorry, I was being overly literal - I know you're just providing a comparison.

If you buy something new in Europe that you're bring back to North America, you can declare that before you leave and get the VAT returned to you. I'm not sure you can do the same going out of the US though.

But any of these times you returned to the UK, you were probably given a declarations card to fill out, stating how many good you purchased and are returning with. If you don't list something you're supposed to declare that is in fact a crime. Maybe a hard one for them to prove that you didn't have an Axe FX III when you left and you're just returning with it, but you are still supposed to declare it and pay the VAT.

That's why anytime you order it shipped (and therefore can't lie that you already owned it) or a company imports it they have to pay the additional taxes and duties, and part of why buying domestically is more expensive: they have a harder time illegally importing goods that you.

If you buy something new in Europe that you're bring back to North America, you can declare that before you leave and get the VAT returned to you. I'm not sure you can do the same going out of the US though.

But any of these times you returned to the UK, you were probably given a declarations card to fill out, stating how many good you purchased and are returning with. If you don't list something you're supposed to declare that is in fact a crime. Maybe a hard one for them to prove that you didn't have an Axe FX III when you left and you're just returning with it, but you are still supposed to declare it and pay the VAT.

That's why anytime you order it shipped (and therefore can't lie that you already owned it) or a company imports it they have to pay the additional taxes and duties, and part of why buying domestically is more expensive: they have a harder time illegally importing goods that you.
What you are describing is for items you buy in a store in Europe and travel back to the US. You dont have to pay the VAT. This is not what the OP is talking about. He lives in Spain and the FM3 is being shipped. In his scenario, he has to pay the VAT.

Back
Top Bottom