FM3 Metal/Djent Riff I did with the FM3, with an Easter egg at the end :)

I have to be honest: I typically hate seeing any demoes of the Axe FX labeled 'djent', I usually hate the sounds people get out of it for that style, but this sounds incredible, great production!
Thanks brother! ....to be honest, I dont like the Dj word either...but....I know there are probably some guitarists out there including myself that do like that type of music, and I thought if someone likes this style, and heard my Demo, and liked it or the production, I could try and guide them so they could up thier recording game. Also, I think theyre might be some people that call into question how a fractal "floor" model sounds for recording purposes. And hopefully someone wanting to maybe get a fractal product can listen to this and see it performs wonderfully as far as recording.

Its just a preset I made.....Ill upload it to the xchange thou....im not totally sure how to make a link, but ill try to figure it out. otherwise just look for Rob5150V2

Thanks brother! ....to be honest, I dont like the Dj word either...but....I know there are probably some guitarists out there including myself that do like that type of music, and I thought if someone likes this style, and heard my Demo, and liked it or the production, I could try and guide them so they could up thier recording game. Also, I think theyre might be some people that call into question how a fractal "floor" model sounds for recording purposes. And hopefully someone wanting to maybe get a fractal product can listen to this and see it performs wonderfully as far as recording.
I agree with that last bit 100%, stuff like this demo is actually what I looked for before getting my Axe FX so I'd be confident it's doing what you want it to, you did a great job with this one.

Speaking of needing some guidance: maybe I can PM you a link or two to stuff I've done and you can rip it apart? Some feedback from you would be awesome.

I agree with that last bit 100%, stuff like this demo is actually what I looked for before getting my Axe FX so I'd be confident it's doing what you want it to, you did a great job with this one.

Speaking of needing some guidance: maybe I can PM you a link or two to stuff I've done and you can rip it apart? Some feedback from you would be awesome.
Sure man, send me a link!

Thanks for the preset, and I want to learn more on your workflow, you have any tutorials on YouTube or anything? Thanks Robert
Yeah the mix sounds awesome - a walkthrough or any tips on how you've got the guitars sounding so clear and focused would be great!

I'm recording a song in Ab at the moment and I'm having trouble getting the guitars to sit in the mix properly. I'm probably making the wrong EQ/compression moves. I'm gonna try re-recording them with the preset, thanks!

Also, what octave do you have the bass playing notes at in this tuning? I've been wondering if it should be the same as the guitar because an octave below seems really muddy in my mix.

Thanks for the preset, and I want to learn more on your workflow, you have any tutorials on YouTube or anything? Thanks Robert
I dont have any tutorials....Ive never actually made a real video. Im not to up on how to do that to be honest ha....as far as making a high quality type video. But I could answer any questions you might have. First off, I would make "template" I always start with that. I personally use GGD for my drums, but you can use whatever you want. But i think to have a good recording you HAVE to have a good drum sound. And also My master chain is pretty important, and I use fabfilter EQ, then WAves SSL, then Fabfilter L2, in that order. But if you have any specific questions, fire away.

Yeah the mix sounds awesome - a walkthrough or any tips on how you've got the guitars sounding so clear and focused would be great!

I'm recording a song in Ab at the moment and I'm having trouble getting the guitars to sit in the mix properly. I'm probably making the wrong EQ/compression moves. I'm gonna try re-recording them with the preset, thanks!

Also, what octave do you have the bass playing notes at in this tuning? I've been wondering if it should be the same as the guitar because an octave below seems really muddy in my mix.
Thanks man, The guitars are really simple actually.....besides the actual preset, which i did upload, is just a high pass filter, and a little muliband compression trick....but i didnt notch any fequencies out, and im not even sure i put a low pass on there. Ill open the session up a little later, and take some pics of the settings i used, and ill post them. The bass is actually audio submission DJinnbass, going through neural dap Parallax, and its just an octave below

Back
Top Bottom