AFIII Journey - "Only The Young" Solo cover by Keith White

Keith White

Experienced
Neal Schon is such an inspiration to listen to. I can listen to any of his solos and they sound fresh and new every time as if Ive never heard them before - the perfect guitarist. Here is my cover of his only The Young solo. I am sharing the preset. It is not a Journey preset and it started off as a factory preset that I have continuously made changes, mostly in the effects. For this song I have FC pedal 2 set to control the delay mix. you need to set your pedal for 3/4 toe position.

Attachments

• Searing JMP.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 22
Off topic here but we need to find my friend here a stellar band to sing for. Be sure to watch towards the end. Prepare yourself...

I really hope this makes its way to neal schon. (Cliff hint hint) imagine what he could do with this guy. The range of steve peery with the power of jeff scott soto

That dude has some very real vocal chops. Off topic or not, nice post!
Yes I was lucky enough to be in a band with him a few years ago and the guy really sounds like that live that's no vocal trickery with a vocal pitch correction or anything like that that's pure his voice His voice is probably in the upper 5% in the nation and I would just love to see him land something serious because he deserves it I've been playing guitar since 1984 and I would give it all up to have that voice for a day

Agreed, very nice voice and excellent cover!

I think he's pretty happy with Arnel Pineda for the last 14 years ;)
I saw Arnel in 1989-1990 in Subic Bay, Philippines in his cover band. He was amazing then (and he still is.)
I realized it when I looked him up and found out that he used to play at a big club called "Cal Jams" in Olongapo City. That place was my favorite hangout - because the house cover band was incredible. He could do it all. Journey, Boston, Queen, GnR, Foreigner - whatever they played, it sounded real. Saw that band a bunch of times, and always used to think "Man, if this dude ever came to America, he'd kill it!".

I saw Arnel in 1989-1990 in Subic Bay, Philippines in his cover band. He was amazing then (and he still is.)
I realized it when I looked him up and found out that he used to play at a big club called "Cal Jams" in Olongapo City. That place was my favorite hangout - because the house cover band was incredible. He could do it all. Journey, Boston, Queen, GnR, Foreigner - whatever they played, it sounded real. Saw that band a bunch of times, and always used to think "Man, if this dude ever came to America, he'd kill it!".
The vocalist i was playing with at the time jad heard of him before journey and i remember one night he was pulling up his videos i was blown away tgat arnell could sing all those different songs and styles. I really do hope keiths video gets to neal schon though, not for journey, but neal always does side projects. I cant even imaging the magic that would occur with keiths vocals and neals writing

Off topic here but we need to find my friend here a stellar band to sing for. Be sure to watch towards the end. Prepare yourself...

Nice vocals. I had a cover band in SF Bay area which paused during pandemic but we covered faithfully. Is he in the Bay Area? We had a Female singer who killed it as well. What is the backing track being used? The lead sounds different or is it you playing?

Nice vocals. I had a cover band in SF Bay area which paused during pandemic but we covered faithfully. Is he in the Bay Area? We had a Female singer who killed it as well. What is the backing track being used? The lead sounds different or is it you playing?
He is in ohio. On this track its a friend of mine, phil fachini playing

Great playing! Also very impressive vocal style and performance from your friend. It’s always amazing to me how some folks get a shot, and some don’t. It’s more than talent alone, for sure! Music is one strange mistress.

Back
Top Bottom