You guys are in for another treat.

I don’t think it’s been announced. Cliff discussed the new changes but has been silent since then, at least in this thread.
I'd be very surprised if the improved algorithm isn't part of 16. As a writer, for me that would be the equivalent of working on perfecting a draft of a novel, thinking of a major improvement, but then not including it in the version to be submitted to a publisher.

I'd be very surprised if the improved algorithm isn't part of 16. As a writer, for me that would be the equivalent of working on perfecting a draft of a novel, thinking of a major improvement, but then not including it in the version to be submitted to a publisher.
Unless the idea was so resource intensive that it warrants a sequel being written.

I bet we will see it as part of 16. I'm excited for this one but I'm also of the opinion that they should take their time with it.

Unless the idea was so resource intensive that it warrants a sequel being written.

I bet we will see it as part of 16. I'm excited for this one but I'm also of the opinion that they should take their time with it.
This

To try to cram everything into a release is risky. I'm pretty sure they will release a final release version of 16, then start beta testing 17 (or whatever it will be)

I couldn't sleep last night. As I lay there I had another epiphany. Spent the morning coding it. It's good.
There was always something missing with the compressed chime and focus until now. I haven't play so hard digging into the guitar in a long time, I broke a D then A.

It is so much fun to play!

As someone who's played lots of bass, the big deal about voice coil heating for me has always been how it decreases volume. Leading to the bass player turning up. Which makes it heat up more and get even less efficient.

This process finally halts once my speaker's voice coil melts. Lots of bass players have gotten good at recognizing the sound of speaker compression out of simple financial necessity. :oops:

I really hope this firmware update doesn't melt my Axe FX and send me a repair bill, like real world speaker compression has done!

It's even better/more fun if, for some reason, you have a gig outside in cold temperatures. "Why is this speaker so quiet compared to a normal day? Lets turn it up more!" ... melt.

@FractalAudio Cliff, loving the Speaker Dynamics!

Wonder if you could add a Speaker Dyn Trim (or multiplier) to be able to crank it up on clean amps/settings? Pretty Please???

@FractalAudio Cliff, loving the Speaker Dynamics!

Wonder if you could add a Speaker Dyn Trim (or multiplier) to be able to crank it up on clean amps/settings? Pretty Please???
It doesn't do anything until the power amp clips. You could crank it up 'til the cows come home and if the power amp isn't clipping it won't do anything.

I could elaborate on this but then I'd have to kill you.

@FractalAudio is there any way to calculate the time constant for the speaker compression, from data available online (like Jensen has lots of info)?

I think the speaker compression was the magic final 5% of my tone, it really gets the feel. I spent a couple days just redialing in my amps in beta 8 and most of that was the time constant and now the whole algorithm has changed! 🙃
My old values ranged from 40-300ms, now you can't even go below 100ms.
I dialed it in by ear last time and that took a while. So I'm wondering if you have any tips for dialing the time constant for say Fender vs Marshall etc...?

Just wanna be clear I'm not complaining I'm positive the new algorithm is better, but I'd just like to save some tweaker time if possible. 🤪

Back
Top Bottom