Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 10 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really loving the new firmware and certainly can't keep up with Cliff on the updates but I have a question. So, I had all my amps and presets color coded so it was easier to search. Is there a way moving forward to preserve those settings when updating?

Really loving the new firmware and certainly can't keep up with Cliff on the updates but I have a question. So, I had all my amps and presets color coded so it was easier to search. Is there a way moving forward to preserve those settings when updating?
Mine retain their colors after updating.

Late to try the Mark IiC++. WOW!! The gaIn and sound is so easy to dial in now compared to before. Small MV adjustment, small B/M/T tweaks, small smile on the 5 band output EQ.

Wasnt even thinking about it noodling around...ended up subconsciously playing Battery for like 10 minutes before I realized what I was playing. Such a great feeling and authentic experience.

I've been saying that for weeks! My current favorite preset uses two of those, one with a Rat and one with a Fat Rat.
Yeah, it's really responsive. I'm using my PRS Studio with it and go from Strat-like cleans to P90 like roar; the NarrowField pickups compliment the model's sound well. Gonna have to try it with my other guitars, but I think I just found my #1 favorite preset.

Hehe never touch high or low cuts, which is reason 9743 why I love the Axe FX. No need.
Agreed, no need. I think it's dialed in really well.

I look forward to getting this ported to the FM3 and being able to use it live. I can't imagine taking my amps out any more when we're getting this sound quality. I have the ELIS.8 bundle on the way, and those with the FM3+FC6+OMG9 will be a great portable rig.

Yeah, well blame yourself. Euphoria makes us lose all self control and we blurt. :)

This firmware is killer. 15.1 is really good, but Cygnus... wow!

I have a ToneKing Imperial Mk II and a Mesa Lonestar Special as my "real" amps, and for bang for the buck and flexibility and portability and robustness, I hate to say it, but I think you've got them beat. There'll always be something fun about having an amp wound up and singing, but with the prices of tubes and their increasing rarity, the AF3 or FM3 is going to be my go-to system.

I feel dirty confessing that and never expected it'd come to this.

Sorry if this has already been answered - there's only 400 pages to cycle through - but the Hi Cut taper on the the Chieftain - is this the behavior of the actual amp? It really doesn't seem to do anything until about 9.7 ish...

Hard to believe they could improve on Rev. 15.01
I'm late to the party on this one.
What improvements are we on the lookout for in this new firmware update?

Sorry if this has already been answered - there's only 400 pages to cycle through - but the Hi Cut taper on the the Chieftain - is this the behavior of the actual amp? It really doesn't seem to do anything until about 9.7 ish...
It's broken. It was right in Beta 9 but that broke the High Cut in other amps. It will be fixed for the next release.

I've been saying that for weeks! My current favorite preset uses two of those, one with a Rat and one with a Fat Rat.
I have never owned a Marshall amp in my life. Over the decades that I've played professionally, I've had friends who owned boutique / modded Marshalls, and was never able to get a decent tone from one. I did a recording a long while ago in a studio that has a really great Plexi, and I just couldn't summon the magic sound. After I bought my AxeFX, I began to explore the Marshall models and learn how to tweak them. The funny thing is, about two years ago I went back to that same studio and used their Plexi; I was able to get a killer tone (same guitar, BTW) very quickly. The AxeFX model actually trained / improved my approach to that amp.

If Marshall keeps up with their little amp thing, they could make a name for themselves.

It's broken. It was right in Beta 9 but that broke the High Cut in other amps. It will be fixed for the next release.
Great. I noticed taper was really weird in beta 8 but figured that may just be how the taper was on the real thing. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I also think the High Cut is correct in this beta and reversed in the others. The amps I've had with that control get brighter as it rotates clockwise, though I'm not sure how it works on the Matchless.

Great. I noticed taper was really weird in beta 8 but figured that may just be how the taper was on the real thing. It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I also think the High Cut is correct in this beta and reversed in the others. The amps I've had with that control get brighter as it rotates clockwise, though I'm not sure how it works on the Matchless.
I'd rather have stuff like Hi Cut be linear...but whatever. What would really be awesome (and a shit ton of work) would be to have everything on the authentic page authentic and linear on the ideal page. But that's just opening a pandora's box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom