Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 8 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear. That sucks. :(

But I'm stealing that excuse for why my hands don't do what they're supposed to do, esp. when posting a recording.
HAHAHA! Feel free to use that excuse. :) I had to forego my bluesy chops, so here's a clip using a Tele with the Prince Tone AA964 with an 808 in front and a little Spring Reverb on the back end. I LOVE how Cygnus lets you hear the "stringy" attack of a Telecaster.

HAHAHA! Feel free to use that excuse. :) I had to forego my bluesy chops, so here's a clip using a Tele with the Prince Tone AA964 with an 808 in front and a little Spring Reverb on the back end. I LOVE how Cygnus lets you hear the "stringy" attack of a Telecaster.

Crystal clear!! That is GREAT!

Thanks!!! Arthroscopic knee surgery tomorrow, so if I don't get it installed today, might be the weekend. Dohhh

As for the heaviest guitar contest from the other thread pertaining to my first electric, a Peavey T-60.
I actually bought one near the end of 2020. Now that I actually know how to work the dang volume pots where I'm not in split coil mode all the time, this thing SCREAMS into modern equipment like my Axe FX III!!! It wasn't just the talent level as a youth nor the amp/gear limitations alone.
I would have sounded 1000 times better with that guitar in the 70's and 80's with the amps, pedals, and most certainly with the Axe FX III that
I now have! Peavey Heritage amp and some pedals??? LoL! As a kid, I never would have dreamt that a guitar in my hands could actually
sound killer and "just like the record and concerts..." Hehehe!
Yeah, the T-60 is a beast. I have a love-hate relationship with mine. Versatile. Sounds great. Built like a tank. But the neck is just a tad too narrow for the string spacing. The pot-powered coil tapping is clever, but a pain to dial in live. And it requires linear-taper tone pots, so all the tone action happens at 2 on the knob. It's restrictive and cumbersome. It can be fun to play, though.

Last edited:

sounds great! yeah i know people always talk about modelers like "does that sound like a real amp?" but i usually think "does that sound like a real guitar?" like, are the qualities of the guitar coming through and not masked by some compression or weird EQ, etc.

the guitar is the source of the tone, and i think it should be heard through whatever amplification is being used. when a tele sounds the same as a strat and a les paul etc, that's when i think the modeling isn't doing it right.

Love it! Sounds great man . That's another of your IR packs that I’ll be purchasing. I look forward to checking them out!

sounds great! yeah i know people always talk about modelers like "does that sound like a real amp?" but i usually think "does that sound like a real guitar?" like, are the qualities of the guitar coming through and not masked by some compression or weird EQ, etc.

the guitar is the source of the tone, and i think it should be heard through whatever amplification is being used. when a tele sounds the same as a strat and a les paul etc, that's when i think the modeling isn't doing it right.
Exactly. So far I've compared three of my real amps with their corresponding models. On one of them, I pulled up the model and thought "well that can't be right." Then I plugged in the real amp and matched the settings with the model and said "huh, well I guess it IS right." It's getting silly how close these models are to the real stuff. It's at the point now that if you don't like a model, you probably wouldn't like the real thing either.

I have a big issue with my Axe 3. I downloaded the firmware just before this one a few weeks ago. I have been using my FM3 at practice and haven't powered up the Axe 3 in a little while. I did play the old firmware for about an hour and the new amp sounds were great. I just bought an new G&L Guitar and powered up my Axe 3, and the screen looks fine while booting. When it finishes loading, the screen is flickering and jumping from one thing to another. It is like it is getting conflicting commands. The screen appears fine until it is completely loaded. I can not get any sound. AXE edit does not see the AXE 3. I did finally get it to load the latest firmware and all looked good until it finished with the update. I waited 5 seconds then turned the unit back on and the same thing. I may be wrong but I don't think it is a hardware issue. It appears to be getting some values that it does not like and freezing there and flickering. I am not getting any sound and can not change presets. It is stuck on the bass guy preset and jumping from one screen to another. After you leave the unit on for about 5 minutes, it is stuck on preset one with no sound and can not change presets. It appears something is messed up in the firmware. Do I need to send it in to be repaired?

I have a big issue with my Axe 3. I downloaded the firmware just before this one a few weeks ago. I have been using my FM3 at practice and haven't powered up the Axe 3 in a little while. I did play the old firmware for about an hour and the new amp sounds were great. I just bought an new G&L Guitar and powered up my Axe 3, and the screen looks fine while booting. When it finishes loading, the screen is flickering and jumping from one thing to another. It is like it is getting conflicting commands. The screen appears fine until it is completely loaded. I can not get any sound. AXE edit does not see the AXE 3. I did finally get it to load the latest firmware and all looked good until it finished with the update. I waited 5 seconds then turned the unit back on and the same thing. I may be wrong but I don't think it is a hardware issue. It appears to be getting some values that it does not like and freezing there and flickering. I am not getting any sound and can not change presets. It is stuck on the bass guy preset and jumping from one screen to another. After you leave the unit on for about 5 minutes, it is stuck on preset one with no sound and can not change presets. It appears something is messed up in the firmware. Do I need to send it in to be repaired?
Sounds like a button is stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom