Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with this sentiment. As a 50% guitar player, 50% bass player, my bass playing half is only 30% happy.
80% happy is pretty good!...for a bass player :tearsofjoy:- you'll just have to spend some time getting in touch with your better half :tearsofjoy:

k - that's all the bass player jokes I will do today.

I was very excited to see the Angle Severe models updated. I noticed they are much brighter and articulate but still brutal. One thing I did notice was that if you turn the presence the down to zero, the whole amp gets louder. Maybe it's the way an Engl behaves?

I was very excited to see the Angle Severe models updated. I noticed they are much brighter and articulate but still brutal. One thing I did notice was that if you turn the presence the down to zero, the whole amp gets louder. Maybe it's the way an Engl behaves?

I noticed exactly the same thing, about 10 minutes ago ...

Updated that fixes one mistake and corrects for the Plexi entries.

I wasn't able to attach the Excel file, but can email it to anyone who wants.

1615490191568.png

Attachments

• 1615489840626.png
    1615489840626.png
    363.9 KB · Views: 15
The Master Volume control taper now matches the real amp. In all prior firmwares the MV taper was Log15 for every model regardless of what the real amp used. I will have to check those two models you are using to see if the taper is different from Log15.

I may return the taper back to Log15 for the final release. Haven't decided yet.
As long as we keep the headroom control, I'd be interested to keep the MV tapers authentic, though if I'm outvoted on that I don't mind too much.

I am still confused about how to reset the amp block WITHOUT causing the bass-mids-treble and gain settings to reset to flat. When I choose a different amp and then go back to my original amp, or if I use the Tools menu to resets, the amp completely resets all settings. Is there any other way other than taking a screen shot of my original settings and re-doing them one by one?
Under setup/global settings/tone control display -> set to ideal and you can soft reset without losing gain/BMT settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom