Poll - What cabs do you want?

Have you tried the ENGL XXL cab? Its bigger and HEAVIER than the MESA OS.
Those modern Chinese v30 would be crap but maybe with some old UK made v30 it could be a monster.
I haven’t tried one of those before. I’ll keep my eye out for one.

I just took some new test shots of that cab with a mix of two ‘87 Marshall Vintage speakers and two Lynchbacks. It’s pretty awesome.
b67411fd65dfd2d97ac1aa0eb8781564.jpg

I'd like 1x12 cabs. I have never been a fan of 4x12 cabs.
Can you offer more specifics of what you’re looking for? Open or closed back, cabinet brands, and speaker preferences will give me a better idea of what’s needed. Thanks!

Can you offer more specifics of what you’re looking for? Open or closed back, cabinet brands, and speaker preferences will give me a better idea of what’s needed. Thanks!
I don't know if it is needed, maybe I am the only one that likes 1x12 cabs :)
Brand of my cabs won't help you, as they are custom made in Germany. They are 'flex back', i.e. they can be used closed back or open back. I almost always prefer open back, also for high gain.
I like the the cabs to be not too small (my cabs are about 60x40x30cm -> about 70l volume).
I have used them with good results with the following speakers:
  • Celestion Vintage 30 (UK made)
  • Eminence Wizard
  • Jensen Tornado
  • Jensen Blackbird
  • Jensen Electric Lightning
  • Jensen C12/70 (I guess it is also called Mod12/70)

Probably the speakers are quite 'exotic' for most people. But I think something different than Celestion might be interesting.

MY REVIEW OF YA 5153 4X12 CABS- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing

If you dont know by now Im a high gain lover, of every possible type. I have only tested 5153 red because I could not stop playing. I have thousands of IR's and these KILL. The mixes alone are enough. You like high gain you want highs and lows and clarity and thump and chug and chunk and gain gain gain, get these.

I had them on my Reverb watch list for a bit, but I never saw any pop up. I will definitely buy the Lynchback pack.
Same here. I’ve had them on my watch list for over a year and they NEVER popped up for sale. I ended up spending more on these four speakers than I have for any amp or cab in my collection. I gotta say though, they sound fantastic in a Marshall 1960bv cab, so I think it’s worth it. It’s just insane that some guys are charging pre-Rola prices for these things.

Same here. I’ve had them on my watch list for over a year and they NEVER popped up for sale. I ended up spending more on these four speakers than I have for any amp or cab in my collection. I gotta say though, they sound fantastic in a Marshall 1960bv cab, so I think it’s worth it. It’s just insane that some guys are charging pre-Rola prices for these things.
That's unbelievable. It's too bad Celestion dropped these. Hopefully they come back somehow--either through Celestion under a different name or through Eminence, WGS, etc. as a clone/copy.

Lynchback
Hesu Demon
Eminence/Omega M12-65
FANE/David Laboga Mamzer 30
Celestion G12-65
Roland chorus 120 (lite pack)
Some rock/metal oriented fane/eminence/jensen speakers would be cool..
I dont mind some WGS speakers but seems like every offering of theirs includes in their description...this is our answer to XXX speaker of Celestion...so...why dont go directly to the celestion? xD

Last edited:
Reactions: ESW
Marshall 1960av
I’ve got an angled Silver Marshall 1960av 4x12 over here, so that’s a possibility.

Lynchback
Hesu Demon
Eminence/Omega M12-65
FANE/David Laboga Mamzer 30
Celestion G12-65
Roland chorus 120 (lite pack)
Some rock/metal oriented fane/eminence/jensen speakers would be cool..
I dont mind some WGS speakers but seems like every offering of theirs includes in their description...this is our answer to XXX speaker of Celestion...so...why dont go directly to the celestion? xD
Several of those are on the to-do list I made this morning. Just need to determine the right cabs for those speakers.

I love the York 212 DV77
just holding out for the CreambackM65 hopefully soon :)
Glad you’re digging the DV77 pack! I’ve got the M65 Creambacks loaded into a York Audio 2x12 as we speak. I’m meeting up with a well-known producer soon to have him field test a few of these cabs and get some real world feedback, so I’ll be able to capture that one once he’s finished with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom