FM3 and FC-6 on a Temple Audio Duo 24

Here you go. I circled in red where I had to drill a hole out to make it bigger to line up. I used those M3.5 x 0.6 16mm machine screws for everything except the Relay G50, which is attached by velcro. I might use one of Temple's mounts for that if it doesn't stay firm, but for now it's pretty solid. I had to use two washers for the middle screws on the EV pedals - there wasn't enough depth there. Also used the large washers where the mounts were at the large holes in the board.

View attachment 79663

View attachment 79664
Yeah, I’m going to do this for sure. It’s perfect. Thank you for sharing!

Here you go. I circled in red where I had to drill a hole out to make it bigger to line up. I used those M3.5 x 0.6 16mm machine screws for everything except the Relay G50, which is attached by velcro. I might use one of Temple's mounts for that if it doesn't stay firm, but for now it's pretty solid. I had to use two washers for the middle screws on the EV pedals - there wasn't enough depth there. Also used the large washers where the mounts were at the large holes in the board.

View attachment 79663

View attachment 79664
looks great what is the power supply that you are using ?

looks great what is the power supply that you are using ?
None so far. I'm just plugging my FM3 and Relay 50 power supply into a power strip since I need that for one or two CLR wedges anyway. If I get too obsessive about tidying things up, I'll think about the Voodoo Pedal Power 2 or the Furman AC215. Temple makes a mount kit for the Voodoo to go under the board.

View attachment 79663

View attachment 79664
Thank you so much! That sure helps! Bad thing is is that I bought the longest TRS cables Fractal had because I had unit on desk, etc....now I've got to reboot.

They will cut down a 34 and make it 28, 29 whatever you need. You have to pay for a 34 but at least you get whatever is right for you.
They made me a pair of Duo 21 boards. Cost $25 extra per board.
20200920_162326.jpg

This turned out great! Thanks for all the info to make it happen!

Attachments

• 3E978FD5-6139-44A7-8A97-FE074ADB8C4C.jpeg
    3E978FD5-6139-44A7-8A97-FE074ADB8C4C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 78
I used their planner too, and it came out very close. Here it is, when I was trying to figure out how to get the relay wireless on there. Fortunately it just fit underneath using velcro to mount it to their center support bar. Although the real picture below makes it look like their models are slightly smaller, it's just the perspective - the spacing between each device is nearly identical to the planner.
Fantastic job! You really showed us a very creative use of the Temple's larger openings to fit your Relay as well. :D

This solves that issue for me, as I've been wondering how to deal with the same unit. I'll be attaching my FM3, Relay, and Mission SP-2 to my Duo 17. The jury is still out on my Disaster Area two-button MIDI switch; it might not make the cut.

In contrast, my Duo 24 still has my "kitchen sink: setup: two(!) Eventide H9s, tuner, wireless, Mission expression pedal, and hold switch; plus Quilter's six-button footswitch! That sucker is HEAVY!

A couple more observations: I was so OCD about everything being 4CM and mounted to the side. It took so long to do; I'm over it for a wide variety of reasons: tap dancing, weird ground loops. Don't get me wrong: it sounds amazing, and it's all analog in the front of the amp.

Furthermore, based on yours and others' Temple boards, I'm now letting go of the idea of side-mounted I/O. It's just too much trouble. It now makes more sense to simply plug in everything at the back of the unit. However, for those who want to tilt at that windmill, I've already sourced right-angle IEC, 1/4", and XLR cables.

So now I'll be using my FM3 into the MicroPro's XLR input as a FRFR - as it's on parity with my Mackie home studio monitors - and... I'm not gonna obsess any more about hiding cables! :cool:

Fantastic job! You really showed us a very creative use of the Temple's larger openings to fit your Relay as well. :D

This solves that issue for me, as I've been wondering how to deal with the same unit. I'll be attaching my FM3, Relay, and Mission SP-2 to my Duo 17. The jury is still out on my Disaster Area two-button MIDI switch; it might not make the cut.

In contrast, my Duo 24 still has my "kitchen sink: setup: two(!) Eventide H9s, tuner, wireless, Mission expression pedal, and hold switch; plus Quilter's six-button footswitch! That sucker is HEAVY!

A couple more observations: I was so OCD about everything being 4CM and mounted to the side. It took so long to do; I'm over it for a wide variety of reasons: tap dancing, weird ground loops. Don't get me wrong: it sounds amazing, and it's all analog in the front of the amp.

Furthermore, based on yours and others' Temple boards, I'm now letting go of the idea of side-mounted I/O. It's just too much trouble. It now makes more sense to simply plug in everything at the back of the unit. However, for those who want to tilt at that windmill, I've already sourced right-angle IEC, 1/4", and XLR cables.

So now I'll be using my FM3 into the MicroPro's XLR input as a FRFR - as it's on parity with my Mackie home studio monitors - and... I'm not gonna obsess any more about hiding cables! :cool:
Thanks for the kind words. I've considered adding all the side ports and mods, but for now I'm not going to sacrifice good for perfect. Plus, I'll save a lot of money not buying the power supplies, mod kits and 90 degree cables to side mount everything. Knowing me, I'll probably be reconsidering side mounts after some more gigs start up as I see how the direct plugging goes.

You're very welcome. In my humble experience, side mounts are great for setup. You crouch down, and plug in each cable to the immediate right: ka-chunk. Done.

However, accessing the FM3 from the top rear is very straightforward. Additionally, a person won't have to worry about tripping over cables - or more specifically, the plugs - sticking out of the right (or left) side of the board.

Just something to consider. If it helps, here's what your finished product might look like from the side view. Also, if the moderators are kind enough to allow a non-Fractal product image, the last photo shows the current board, which will go away in favor of my FM3 on the orange Duo 17.

I mean, come on: I do yoga and ballroom dancing, and even I can't keep up with the contortions a person needs to do to select the parameters on my white Duo 24. No more of that kind of dancing, thanksverymuch.:rolleyes:

IMHO I just need three buttons, an expression pedal, and clever programming. :cool: Now I've got to get to work assembling the new board. Gigs are on their way back!

IMG_7255.JPGIMG_6849.JPGIMG_6847.JPGIMG_6076.jpg

Here’s my new setup with the duo 34. I’ve got fm3, fc6 and ev2 screwed down directly into the board and the rest using the temple plates but have yet to complete cabling. A couple of TRS cables are enroute and a 2 foot patch is being custom made and I’ll be good to go. I’ve got the 1/4 inch input module on the right for my guitar input and the XLR module on the left for my output.

Attachments

• 73C11272-28AC-4546-828A-6A485B1654F5.jpeg
    73C11272-28AC-4546-828A-6A485B1654F5.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
What temple plates it's better for mf3 and fc6? Also, for mission pedal?
As others have mentioned, it's best to screw your FM3 and FC6 directly to your Temple board. The same thing goes for your Mission expression pedal.
Additionally, in experimenting with mounting Line 6's Relay G50, as @dsimms did, I discovered that two of Temple's small Pedal Plates - their 1.3" plates, to be precise - work fantastic on the underside of the G50; the thumb screw didn't even touch the floor when I mounted mine on the center support bracket! Say goodbye to velcro. ;) Kudos once again for the discovery that the antennas fit through the Temple holes, BTW!

As others have mentioned, it's best to screw your FM3 and FC6 directly to your Temple board. The same thing goes for your Mission expression pedal.
Additionally, in experimenting with mounting Line 6's Relay G50, as @dsimms did, I discovered that two of Temple's small Pedal Plates - their 1.3" plates, to be precise - work fantastic on the underside of the G50; the thumb screw didn't even touch the floor when I mounted mine on the center support bracket! Say goodbye to velcro. ;) Kudos once again for the discovery that the antennas fit through the Temple holes, BTW!
The G50 info was a revelation. Mine came in today and I just ordered the 2 small Temple Audio plates after reading your post, so thank you!

This answer is probably somewhere here already too, but pardon my ignorance. Is there an acceptable soft case that will fit the FM3/FC6 Temple Audio Duo 34 board? I don’t gig much but would like something to carry it in. The Duo 34 soft case seems like the obvious choice, but I’m open to suggestions.

This answer is probably somewhere here already too, but pardon my ignorance. Is there an acceptable soft case that will fit the FM3/FC6 Temple Audio Duo 34 board? I don’t gig much but would like something to carry it in. The Duo 34 soft case seems like the obvious choice, but I’m open to suggestions.
I have the soft cases for both my Temple boards, and they’ve stood up over time from constant use during five years of gigging. They’re starting to fray, and I finally broke the zipper handle on the Duo 17. Not too bad.

There is one small consideration, however: the antennas on the Relay G50 - when mounted to the underside of the board as we’re doing - barely clear the interior of the case. I can’t speak for the hardshell case, but it stands to reason the clearances are the same.

I know this has been mentioned/talked about in several threads, but here's my FM3/FM6 mounted on a Duo 24. I'm very happy with it. I have a DVP4 pedal that will be beside the board, and when I carry it out I'll put the DVP on the Duo above the FC6. Great solution for my needs.

I had to buy a 100 pack of the screws and obviously have a LOT left over. If anyone needs 6-10 just message me and I'll be happy to mail them out to you at no cost. If you're not in the lower 48 you may have to kick in a buck or two though :)
Hey Greg! I have the same board. I’m looking to mount mine as well. I’d may be interested in some of those screws. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom