FM3 Firmware Version 3.02 Beta 1

Can I just say I am glad there is no firmware update this week? I have a show tomorrow and do not need to be re-doing my presets because I could not resist the temptation... Anyone else feel that way?

Hey @BryantP,

I understand there's a bug that causes excursion values not to default to 100%, though I'm not clear on whether all 3 Bias Excursions (Pre, Power and Power PI) should be set to 100%, or only the Power Amp ones. Apologies if this has already been covered, I wasn't able to find the conclusive answer.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if 100% is the correct default value for all 3 excursions, or just some (power amp only perhaps)?
I know the bug is known and it's getting fixed in the next release, but I'm recording something this weekend, and I'd love to set those values at the right place (assuming they currently aren't).

Does anyone know if 100% is the correct default value for all 3 excursions, or just some (power amp only perhaps)?
I know the bug is known and it's getting fixed in the next release, but I'm recording something this weekend, and I'd love to set those values at the right place (assuming they currently aren't).

How about just mess with it and put it where it sounds good for your recording? No guarantee the 'default' is right for you anyway...

The data show that "Firmware Wednesday" is twice as likely as "Firmware Friday" when looking at the parameter of release date among the population of all FM3 public firmware releases.
View attachment 79551
When I was programming and tech. lead, I hated releasing on Friday. We'd release on Wednesday, or Thursday before noon at the latest.

Releasing on Thursday afternoon or Friday meant my developers and I might have to work into Friday night or the weekend if there was a big problem and I didn't want any of us to have to do that.

Releasing on Monday or Tuesday was bad because we'd have other groups that counted on the software working and they wouldn't meet their goals if something went wrong and we'd catch hell for it.

How about just mess with it and put it where it sounds good for your recording? No guarantee the 'default' is right for you anyway...
It always sounds good, it's Fractal :p When it comes to the more subtle advanced amp parameters that I'm not familiar with like Bias Excursion, I prefer to stick with the values Cliff puts in there, as he knows his shit and has set things up to match the real amps, while I'd be turning knobs without really knowing the impact on other parameters...

Same here 🤣 we never release on Fridays. It turned out to be the worst day to do it. So we've decided for Tuesday.
Here, we are not allowed to schedule to Friday. It’s Thursday or Monday. For the same reasons.

I prefer to release deploy early in the morning, because if something goes wrong I can fix or rollback to previous version.

Edit: fixed a double meaning word. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Just finished my first gig with Fm3 3.02. Into Fryette PS into greenback cab mic'd up. My tone has never been better. Amazing shit Fractal! You nailed it.

Just finished my first gig with Fm3 3.02. Into Fryette PS into greenback cab mic'd up. My tone has never been better. Amazing shit Fractal! You nailed it.

How did it turn out with output 2 being much lower in volume?

I’m hesitant to update because of this issue.

Back
Top Bottom