NGD Mayones!

Monster of a guitar, build quality is superb. Never seen a guitar that uses threaded inserts and bolts for the control cavity plate rather than wood screws before. Those Lundgren's sound awesome too, I read a few comments from people spouting the "they sound sterile" line about them but I honestly cant agree, the neck pickup on clean is a sound to behold. I will say though that the coil split tones aren't that moving (in fairness I find very few pickup split tones that do sound decent) and the output drop is drastic so I may bypass that and go straight 3 way only. High gain tones are right there though.

All told, a very impressive instrument. Always a breath-hold moment when you finally get your hands on a guitar you've coveted for a long time but definitely not upset with this, much like the 10 Top Custom 24 I once had, wonderful guitars. NOT like the Gibson Hummingbird I looked at in a store once, an almost mythical status instrument since childhood and was destroyed to try one and find it played worse than the second hand, $500 Simon and Patrick guitar on the used rack!

337A9982-3BC7-4A57-B547-1D3BF407F041.jpeg

Last edited:
I wish more builders would use threaded inserts. Kiesel does this as well. That control cavity looks very clean.

Back
Top Bottom