Wish Axe III & FM3: Control Pitch Block Voices With Midi Notes (Like Meris Hedra)

Luca9583

Inspired
I was thinking it would be a killer feature to be able to play the harmony voices in the pitch block just like the Meris Hedra.

This would be a wish for both the III and FM3.

If Midi Note isn't possible, i wonder if each of the 4 Pitch voices could be controlled via Midi note by converting the Note messages to CCs before they hit the Axe.

The difference between the Hedra and the Axe, if i'm not mistaken, is that the Hedra's harmony notes can be any Midi note regardless of what the actual played note is on your instrument, whereas with the Axe if CCs were to control the harmony intervals, they are always relative to the pitch of the played note.

Still, it would be pretty awesome if it can be done

The pre-Axe note to CC conversion approach should be possible if you choose Src1 (Ext Ctrl CC) minus Src2 (pitch follower) for the voice shift modifiers. You'd need to adjust the main "scale" value, source 2 scale, and probably offset in a certain way through either trial and error or a few calculations.

Yep thanks again Bakerman. It ends up taking a lot more time than just doing it with the Hedra.

The interesting thing about the Hedra’s pitch tracking is that when it’s onboard harmonies are set to none, external midi note harmony is possible, which means that it’s able to offset the incoming audio’s pitch to all the incoming Midi notes, just like the TC Helicon vocal boxes do.

Thinking about it, perhaps the Axe III’s architecture wouldn’t allow for this especially if Midi notes weren’t included in the design.

Back
Top Bottom