What´s with the Wizard W800 - is it just a super Marshall? Can we get close with Axefx3?

Here is another clip of the W800. We can probably get this from what we already have using the Brit 800 MOD amp model as a starting place. Although, having a Wizard of any kind in the Axe would be really cool as well. They are fantastic amps.

Edit: This is not my channel, but I would love to have this tone.

It definitely a JCM800/ silver circuit w Jose clipping
Cameron CCV would be another
model i would say is in that vein

Here is another clip of the W800. We can probably get this from what we already have using the Brit 800 MOD amp model as a starting place. Although, having a Wizard of any kind in the Axe would be really cool as well. They are fantastic amps.

Edit: This is not my channel, but I would love to have this tone.

Sounds great! Just seeing that wall of amps and cabs and thinking about gigging with ANY of them put my back out hahah

Sounds great! Just seeing that wall of amps and cabs and thinking about gigging with ANY of them put my back out hahah
I totally agree. I love the tone of that amp and the visual of seeing that wall of amps, but then I think of the cost of maintenance and the weight and just no. Nope, I'm good with my maintenance free, relatively light weight, three rack space Axe FX.

My only experience with Wizard amps was at the amp shows. They were by far the most obnoxious vendor there. No one wanted to be located near their room and we were two doors away. We finally got management to move us to a different room farther away.

Their idea of "marketing" was to open the door, point the amp out the door and put all the knobs on 10. Their demo guy must've been deaf as a compost pile because he seemed oblivious to how painfully loud it was.

My only experience with Wizard amps was at the amp shows. They were by far the most obnoxious vendor there. No one wanted to be located near their room and we were two doors away. We finally got management to move us to a different room farther away.

Their idea of "marketing" was to open the door, point the amp out the door and put all the knobs on 10. Their demo guy must've been deaf as a compost pile because he seemed oblivious to how painfully loud it was.
Not going to lie I lol’d a bit when I read that
i remember there being one company that was so loud beside your suite but i dont think you had named them ,, until now

I always crack up when people complain about fizz in modelers...have they never listened to videos like this? So much fizzy high end

Fizzy, indeed.

When playing in front of an amp at crazy volume, the ear loses the sensitivity for fizziness (high frequencies). That explains why when that same person plays with a modeler at home, at low volume, he complains that it sounds "digital" (meaning fizzy). That fizz was also present at the real amp. But at insane volume, ear sensitivity is seriously diminished.

Last edited:
Fizzy, indeed.

When playing in front of an amp at crazy volume, the ear loses the sensitivity for fizziness (high frequencies). That explains why when that same person plays with a modeler at home, at low volume, he complains that it sounds "digital" (meaning fizzy). That fizz was also present at the real amp. But at insane volume, ear sensitivity is seriously diminished.

This is why I’d love a global block that could compensate for Fletcher Munson effect and tailor the EQ balance to the volume. Even if it couldn’t be linked to the output knob level to automate this, a quick change in the settings menu would get a quick fix for playing at different volumes. It wouldn’t be perfect, but would be good enough for making a preset usable at different volumes.

Back
Top Bottom