Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I bet FAS has some kind of Indiana Jones warehouse where they keep all their secret prototypes.
All those tone chasers after that Ark Amp in the movie was pretty cool. You'd a thought it was a gold plated Dumble. Those tubes were biased HOT! They never did show what kind of speakers though: Celestions probably. A good model of that would melt your face.

How does this work, does he have one big room with all the amps in it? Or does everything get brought in one at a time?

I bet FAS has some kind of Indiana Jones warehouse where they keep all their secret prototypes.
Good question.
Out of sheer ignorance I can only assume Cliff would be 'applying' his new algos to a database of already collected material rather than having to re-capture each and every nuance of all the Amps.....but hey....I don't know.

What I do know is; 16 ROCKS!!!!
I'm loving the MkIV....man it sounds good.

Good question.
Out of sheer ignorance I can only assume Cliff would be 'applying' his new algos to a database of already collected material rather than having to re-capture each and every nuance of all the Amps.....but hey....I don't know.

What I do know is; 16 ROCKS!!!!
I'm loving the MkIV....man it sounds good.

I always picture him blowing a little whistle and a team of oompa loompa interns come running in to bring whatever amp he needs at the time

How does this work, does he have one big room with all the amps in it? Or does everything get brought in one at a time?

I bet FAS has some kind of Indiana Jones warehouse where they keep all their secret prototypes.
Maybe they have some of them but I think most of them are rented, loaned or ...

Some players think, the good sound is hidden in the advanced parameters...It should be easy to create a good ampsound with the frontplate knobs ob the amps like in the real world. Why shouldn´t we turn on bass down the modeler like we did at our real Plexis, Diezels, Mesas? If we come to this point like now, than Cliff has done everything allright...but what will he do in the future....?:rolleyes: Playing golf?
It might not be that easy to reproduce the head perfectly both visually and in sound. otherwise someone would have done it already. This is my dream simulator. The real front panel, the buttons that act just like the real thing. It doesn't matter if there is a 1% difference in sound between 2 amps or between 2 knobs. I want the Marshall to have no difference between 2 and 5, that the peavey to have no difference after 5 ... a real simulator. I want the buttons to act like real heads. Maybe one day it will happen. This is another approach. I think it is possible to copy it exactly. I still don't know why no one is doing it. I know some people don’t care about that etc etc . But me I care . Just a wish .

Last edited:
Maybe they have some of them but I think most of them are rented, loaned or ...
nope. He owns almost all of them.

he mentions 37 amps in an ancient interview here:

https://guitarmessenger.com/cliff-chase-interview-fractal-audio/

actually it was this interview followed by his notes on the amp models list in the fractal wiki that convinced me to take the plunge and buy the axe fx III. I had no prior experience with fractal and those two sources proved to me that not only was he very knowledgeable but also a stickler for detail and accuracy.
When I was still in school I worked for Martin Schmitz of Palmer Musical Instruments and I got the same vibe from him.

Last edited:
Why is it more important to accurately imitate certain amplifier rather than having a great tone?
because it makes me dream more. in an ideal, if I were rich, I would have all the originals. simulation is the dream of the poor 😅. like those who play airplane and car simulators in video games. I don't see why it would sound less good, since real amps are what are in albums and what they try to copy all day. having the amp part that is 100% accurate does not prevent having the eq and other settings in the others blocks, I do not see the problem by the way. Then I hope I am not hurting everyone as ever , I just share my opinion , if yours is different that’s not a problem

Cliff has done 100% accurate aspects of amps during the life of the Axe-Fx. Customers have asked things like “why doesn’t this presence knob do anything” and the answer is because the real amp’s presence doesn’t do anything. So then customers ask to make it do something instead of being authentic.

Over 10+ years of that kind of thing via customer request and we’re at the modeling we have now.

The buttons course are not authentic in the axe . Most of real heads got a very small difference between 0 and 3 , or after 5 or (examples).... Marshall amps seems to not have controls at all in real life , 0 , 5 or 10 lol . in Mesa’s , the control of the bass / high / middle are particular too . The buttons course (and effect it does while turning it ) , seems to be the same whatever amps is simulated .
It might sound crazy to prefer to have cheap controls like most of the head have , but ... that’s authentic 😅

As I small note, I have sold amps and gears half of my life , I am very attached and know the originals very well . I spend my whole life around hundreds of tubes Amps so I know how a bassman act etc etc . I also spend my days turning the buttons doing demos all day long , so I know how the buttons act in real deal . I m not saying this just to sound boring , I love the axe , seriously this piece of gear is killer . Just I am a tube amp lover , and since I don’t see some more “true” things and things I consider the “basics “ in amp simulation , I still wish them , and still love the scent of warm tubes 😅

because it makes me dream more. in an ideal, if I were rich, I would have all the originals. simulation is the dream of the poor 😅. like those who play airplane and car simulators in video games. I don't see why it would sound less good, since real amps are what are in albums and what they try to copy all day. having the amp part that is 100% accurate does not prevent having the eq and other settings in the others blocks, I do not see the problem by the way. Then I hope I am not hurting everyone as ever , I just share my opinion , if yours is different that’s not a problem
You are a God...just an opinion....;)

Last edited:
And here we go . You cannot say a “negative “ thing , share a wish or an opinion. “ Get out ! Man”
I know . It’s like that in forums . That’s why I am in any of them normally . Most of you criticize Facebook but in the end it’s better .
i tried this one , hoping it was different . But no .
well . I probably will ask to remove my account and posts here as I cannot say nothing .

May be you should get rid of axe fx, give your complaining post to "real" amp forums and give your thoughts about how poor you are and you need to spend whole your life saving for all the "real" amp models in this world, just a suggestion nothing more... nevertheless the modeler gives some users the flexibility not to drag around heavy load somewhere, and in my opinion the main goal here is not to copy entirely but to give something different and to complete the so called "real" thing. My opinion, no offense needed...
He said he likes the axe. He’s explaining his wishes and opinion. No need to reply to it if you disagree.

this is one reason I miss post counts being visible.

And by the way, the Fractal modeler is so real that I not can even touch it and feel its presence but even can hear the sound of it, and it feeeels gooood, no... feels exquisite...

And here we go . You cannot say a “negative “ thing , share a wish or an opinion. “ Get out ! Man”
I know . It’s like that in forums . That’s why I am in any of them normally . Most of you criticize Facebook but in the end it’s better .
i tried this one , hoping it was different . But no .
well . I probably will ask to remove my account and posts here as I cannot say nothing .
What I meant was get rid of your axe fx device, not from this forum, this forum is for everyone's opinion but it seems you don't respect others as you want yours to be valid...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom