Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing to deal with the actual ... delicate subject but love the video the Nevermind album playing entirely you ve done years ago if my memory is good ...
Get an app on the phone for the metronome ... it s free :) :) ...
Yes krist Novoselic shared my video on twitter, it was one of the best day of my life, as I am a forever nirvana fan .
I think in my nearly 30 years of playing, no one ever told me to buy a metronome , I do not think that by creating an account here, I will have seen so much gods: I saw Zeus , Ouranos, Hades ... I feel so small here .

Last edited:
View attachment 79105
Many folks plug in dutifully to the instrument input and use the instrument volume and the shared tone knob, and never touch the microphone input or knob, and have no idea of what they are missing.

From this page:
View attachment 79106
The page explains the circuit for beginner amp builders, but includes usage tips and talks about why it is a popular kit amp.
Thanks!
I know the circuit diagrams of all Fender.
This Fender is a pattern of infinite simplicity and greatness.
I thought Fractal included this solution too!
That's why I searched the Fractal.
But according to them, this solution is not built-in.
5E3_Schematic_Annotated.gif

My five cents so far... I find my tone over all my presets for which I use many different amps and effects but with the same CAB block for consistency for Live shows, to be “RICHER”, with the Distorted tones having a “CLARITY” while still being distorted and “CHUGGABLE”, and particularly in my case had to turn down the Level on the AMP block and the CAB block by 2 dB in each to be within the correct Output Levels. I run my rig in Stereo in all Presets via a Matrix GT800FX to 2 4x12s (1 Mesa and 1 Marshall) with V30s on top and G12T75s on the bottom in both Cabinets. Loving CYGNUS!!

Last edited:
5153 Red has a mistake in it that has been fixed for the next release. Rectos are just fuzzy. That's part of the charm I suppose.

In case anyone missed it, 5153 Red does indeed have a bug that will be fixed.

Sorry!

"There are two more ways to use the amp: go in the Micrpohone input or go in the Instrument input. Using all 3 knobs in either case nets a plethora of great tones."
Where is? "Micrpohone input - Instrument input"
Sorry, once again!
Thanks for the help!

Those exist on the real amp, which can use one input, the other, or both inputs jumpered. Currently only the Jumpered mode is available in the Cygnus firmware, so the information about different inputs can only be used on the real amp for now.

Now I see it. Not sure if it was a permissions thing you tweaked, or a caching issue on our end but I see it now.

So I start from the beginning with the cali leggy, exit the legato 100 .
it s better , but I still have this " dirty" feel thing . This guitar got the evolution pickups . This amp is not on the beta yet if I read correctly .
then , when I listen to his head , it seems to be very dirty, so maybe it's normal .

(the video is not listed in youtube)
Sorry for my poor playing, as someone recommand me to use a metronome yesterday, I hope to play good before dying

Playing sounds great from my perspective - always great to see a fellow lefty player!. But on topic, I'm getting the sense with Cygnus that, the amps are more raw/true sounding so, arriving at a more processed sound may need more focused attention than before. Never heard a Legacy directly, but if it's like most real tube amps I meet in person, it would be nastier/rougher sounding than I imagined.

Search google for "whizzer neil young" and you should find some info. Basically, the Whizzer is a box with stepper motors that is attached to the top of his tweed Deluxe amp and turns the knobs to certain positions when he stomps a footswitch button, so that he can go instantly from one favorite setting to the next.
To honor Neil, I vote to rename modifiers to "whizzers" on the tweed deluxe model.

Last edited:
Thanks!
I know the circuit diagrams of all Fender.
This Fender is a pattern of infinite simplicity and greatness.
I thought Fractal included this solution too!
That's why I searched the Fractal.
But according to them, this solution is not built-in.
View attachment 79110
Just one of the three options for use of input channels is available currently. The corners Leo cut to save 5 cents here and there resulted in a very good sounding and useful circuit. :)

I thought this update was about the "Chug" so something for the "metal" users, because we had a 60 page topic with "jokes" on it (and then they say I'm sometimes off topic, you know). I thought it was about the tight metal sound and "ohmmpf", and then it seems it is more an add that messed up(?)/dirty all the amps (reading the reviews), because the axe maybe sounds too clean / compressed and polite to real things; we'll see when the final version arrives.

Last edited:
I believed that this update was about "Chug", so something for "metal" users, as we had a 60 pages topic with "chug jokes" on it (and then they say that I am out of topic sometimes, you know ) . I though It was about tight metal sound and "ohmmpf" , and then it seems to be something that "dirty" all the amps (reading the comments), as the axe sounds maybe too clean/compressed and polished compared to the real things . will see when the final release comes .

Brother, I’d just hold off on speculating further until you actually perform the update. Without hearing/feeling it and trying to guess the changes, you’re going to end up with a pre-determined idea of what it is or isn’t and that rarely ever translates to a happy ending.

Brother, I’d just hold off on speculating further until you actually perform the update. Without hearing/feeling it and trying to guess the changes, you’re going to end up with a pre-determined idea of what it is or isn’t and that rarely ever translates to a happy ending.

+1

@My name is mud : this is Fractal Audio's Cygnus thread.
It makes no sense to comment on Cygnus and assume things based on whatever you read out there, if you haven't installed and tried Cygnus yourself. Please don't clutter the thread.

View attachment 79105
Many folks plug in dutifully to the instrument input and use the instrument volume and the shared tone knob, and never touch the microphone input or knob, and have no idea of what they are missing.

From this page:
View attachment 79106
The page explains the circuit for beginner amp builders, but includes usage tips and talks about why it is a popular kit amp.
I've added a non-jumped version of the 5E3 with both volume knobs for the next release.

Now we can wait for the inevitable "When I turn the Bright Drive all the way down the Normal Drive doesn't do anything" comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom