FracTool - for power users only

I've just downloaded the FracTool yesterday to see what it's all about. I where aware of it but not entirely of the versatility of it. I especially like the functionality of being able to open up and see an preset in offline mode.

A quick question:
Can I somehow/somewhere set an parameter to only show AxeFx2 (mkI) presets in the AxeChange presets overview column?

If I click on any preset I can see the info of what source/target unit, that the preset were made in, in the preset popup window. But it would be nice to be able to filter the overview in FracTool. I'm not interested in seeing all the AxeFxIII presets since I can't use them anyway in the AxeFxII...

I've just downloaded the FracTool yesterday to see what it's all about. I where aware of it but not entirely of the versatility of it. I especially like the functionality of being able to open up and see an preset in offline mode.

A quick question:
Can I somehow/somewhere set an parameter to only show AxeFx2 (mkI) presets in the AxeChange presets overview column?

If I click on any preset I can see the info of what source/target unit, that the preset were made in, in the preset popup window. But it would be nice to be able to filter the overview in FracTool. I'm not interested in seeing all the AxeFxIII presets since I can't use them anyway in the AxeFxII...

Done in upcoming release

Another question:

I noticed that there are an 'create random preset' that uses the blocks and grid routing from whatever preset you have up in the popup window. I'm wondering if it randomize all parameters in all blocks or just some selected few in each block?

I can imagine that randomize altered preset where i e both gain and master end up on full in a drive block might be painful experience if not prepared for the possibility of such situation...

Another question:

I noticed that there are an 'create random preset' that uses the blocks and grid routing from whatever preset you have up in the popup window. I'm wondering if it randomize all parameters in all blocks or just some selected few in each block?

I can imagine that randomize altered preset where i e both gain and master end up on full in a drive block might be painful experience if not prepared for the possibility of such situation...
Yes it randomizes every parameter, use with caution

I'm seeing core dumps when trying to use 3.53 to reset amp blocks in the Cygnus beta. You have an uninitialized pointer.

Also, as mentioned by others, getting FracTool to connect to an AF3 is difficult. I can only get FracTool to recognize my AF3 when I have paused communication inside Axe-Edit. It won't find the AF3 if only FracTool is running.

Attachments

• FracTool Cab Reset crash.txt
    91.4 KB · Views: 2
I'm seeing core dumps when trying to use 3.53 to reset amp blocks in the Cygnus beta. You have an uninitialized pointer.

Also, as mentioned by others, getting FracTool to connect to an AF3 is difficult. I can only get FracTool to recognize my AF3 when I have paused communication inside Axe-Edit. It won't find the AF3 if only FracTool is running.
Use a windows machine preferably, macs tend to have problems with usb as dozens of threads here prove...

Can't reproduce, connects with no problem either on my mac mini or my windows machine... Be sure to have AxeEdit and FractalBot off when running FracTool
Could also not reproduce the crash in 3.54 (which is latest version)...

Now cygnus is at the corner there's less and less reasons to keep the presets conversion from gen2, would it be a big problem if i removed it?

Back
Top Bottom