Cygnus Beta - first impressions

That’s what it feels like to play Cygnus. o_O
What’s really nuts is that you still get a lot of that immediate feel even at low volume. Cygnus goes full-on emperor mode at gig levels, but the feel still rules at bedroom levels. It’s much more satisfying to play when you have to turn down the volume or wear headphones.

Last edited:
What’s really nuts is that you still get a lot of that immediate feel even at low volume. Cygnus goes full-on emperor mode at gig levels, but the feel still rules at bedroom levels. It’s much more satisfying to play when you have turn down the volume or wear headphones.

This is what I'm happy to hear - even with good headphones (like the DT1990 Pro's that I use, for example), could anything possibly improve the lower volume and/or headphone experience? And yes, I know what Fletcher-Munson is. This is encouraging, thank you for sharing.

those clips are truly inspiring, you can see and feel that texture and space of the amp/cab visually without even seeing anything. On the deluxe demo even the clarity of hearing the pickup switching just tells you how much hard work and thought is going into cygnus. I seriously applaud everyone at FAS...definitely a customer for life...now just to just be patient...the hard part

Frankly, IMHO it's a thread which shouldn't have started in the first place.....I mean what's the point of it?
To share information since there's a lot of interest.
# 141 You are absolutely right, this should not have started, I personally am very anxious waiting for this new update, it is true that we are also badly used to an update every so often, that we have been without anything new for a long time. do not disappoint after all this commotion and with all the expectations raised.
Huh?

To share information since there's a lot of interest.

Huh?
Proof that no matter what you do, someone's gonna be pissy about it...even if it doesn't affect them. I mean for a guy that doesn't have any interest in it...why comment on it. Leave it alone, take your self importance elsewhere, and let those of us who are enjoying the conversation keep it moving in a positive way.

We want weekly firmware updates because we want them

why is there no update for a while?

here is why there is no update

I want to hear the firmware update progress

here is information about the progress

I want to hear clips of the progress

here are clips of the progress

why was this thread even started?

why is this taking so long is it ready yet?

why is more information being shared about the progress but it’s not released yet?

this firmware we’re waiting for better be good since we’re waiting so long

the axe isn’t a firmware collection device. It’s a music tool and 15.01 is already really good. Updates will come when they’re ready.

why is more information being shared about the progress but it’s not released yet?

the axe isn’t a firmware collection device. It’s a music tool and 15.01 is already really good. Updates will come when they’re ready.
I like collecting firmwares more than playing guitar (i merely don't play anymore) ^^

What’s really nuts is that you still get a lot of that immediate feel even at low volume. Cygnus goes full-on emperor mode at gig levels, but the feel still rules at bedroom levels. It’s much more satisfying to play when you have to turn down the volume or wear headphones.
Awesome to hear!
I feel like right now there is a volume threshold that it has to be at to get the feel and sometimes its a bit too loud for bedroom play.

ya eh, give Cliff a break, it's the weekend and he's a...

Back
Top Bottom