Fractal discount in EU?

I understand that global shipping might be a pain in the ass, but I don't understand why they reject my order if I pay money for an item and want to send it to a US warehouse from which I will organize shipment to my region by myself.

All I want is at least to be able to purchase an item from the official US store using a foreign plastic card (Visa or MasterCard) and that Fractal Audio will be able to send it to the US warehouse address provided in the order details.

So, you are asking the manufacturer to undercut their distributor.

Last edited:
So, you are asking the manufacturer to undercut their distributor.

No, I don't say that.

I just upset by fact that I was born on the other side of the earth and this fact often commits a different kind of restrictions to me. Even having enough money I will not be able to purchase what I want mostly because of the regional restrictions from the selling side. And it's related to many foreign markets.

Am I guilty of something just because I born in the not right place at the not right time? I am just tired to feel shame about my origin and who I am.

About G66 and warranty - it's good if your local reseller is G66, but mine is not. If my AXE will break and I want to do a warranty replacement or repair I will have to ship my unit to 900 miles away, it takes up two weeks, and then wait up to 21-40 days for the expertise (mandatory by local low) and then up to 45 days for repair and then shipping back in up two weeks. So warranty service using my local reseller may take up to 3-4 months.

So for me, a local reseller doesn't have any significant benefits and guarantees but has a significant price diff.

Actually we just lowered the prices to match the US discount. The price will be pretty much the same if you buy from US or G66.
Well that is something good at least in regard to OP question. Cool. Thats pretty a responsive decision on their part. I am impressed. To me that means they listen and hear their customers and willing to help with this particular concern or request.

rr32btg.... well all that sucks for sure. I can only imagine.

Hopefully someday all that changes and there will be a better option available all around for you.

I’m sure there are plenty of EU products that cost us in the US far more than you guys pay there.

there have been lots of amps, effects, synth modules etc I’ve had a hard time getting due to where I live.

just so happens FAS is a US company so there are some perks to being in their domestic market.

Did I already write that I have nothing against g66? Because I keep reading comments on g66 that say they are great. Of course yes! they are fantastic. I just asked why when there is a discount on Fractal US they can't find an agreement to do the same discount in the EU. That's all.

I understand that global shipping might be a pain in the ass, but I don't understand why they reject my order if I pay money for an item and want to send it to a US warehouse from which I will organize shipment to my region by myself.

All I want is at least to be able to purchase an item from the official US store using a foreign plastic card (Visa or MasterCard) and that Fractal Audio will be able to send it to the US warehouse address provided in the order details.

IIRC there's a reason why they ask for your credit card address to match the shipping address. Dunno if it was Cliff or Matt who stated how they've been fighting LOTS of credit card scammers over the years, so they needed to find more secure ways to run the store.

I think it was a fellow forumer from India that posted about coming to America and wanting Fractal to ship an Axe FX to his hotel only to be told the thing about the credit card address...

I love G66, they are amazing and the prices aren't too far off the US price considering VAT and warranty and everything. Of course it would be nice if they had deals sometimes but that hasn't stopped me from buying from them.

With that said, I found this post funny..
It’s all a question of choice. I bought through G66 and haven’t regretted it. The same applies for cars and other products in that it can vary from country to country. Whether it’s acceptable to you is a personal decision.
What other site could you have bought from? Like if you're in EU, you don't have any other choice than G66, no?

The market makes the need, if we had strong competition in EU, the only solution for a US brand to compete would be to sell the products to the middleman at a lower price for him to offer lower end price...
That would only happen to products that are not niche and expensive.
That's why you get some cheap products from ernie ball or idk some fender guitars in EU but nothing else will be at a reasonable price until there is strong competition and danger.

now the uk is no longer in europe does that mean we can get a distro here? id be interested talking about that to the higher ups :)

Well that is something good at least in regard to OP question. Cool. Thats pretty a responsive decision on their part. I am impressed. To me that means they listen and hear their customers and willing to help with this particular concern or request.

Well, I looked at the site and the prices haven't changed
2499 euros for the axe 3, 829 euros for an fc12 and no mention of a package deal. That is 3000 dollars for the axe, and 1000 for the FC12. That is 1250 dollars more in Europe. Of course they have expenses like Marco Fanton, Leon Todd, Cooper Carter and other guys they give gear to to promote the axe. (As I mentioned before, I know one of those guys personally) but By the way, the guys I mentioned actually do stuff that a lot of us benefit from. (At least I do)
I am assuming that the axe, after production, isn't shipped to the usa first and then back to Europe or other distributeurs. G66 Tests and updates every unit before they send it out,(excellent!) But transport costs would therefore be equal (approx) to the usa or to Europe. and I also think they do not pay retail prices. I know we get extended warranty here in Europe, so that explays a bit of the difference, but like many said before, the price difference is imho too big. But since there is no competition when it comes to this product (you cannot buy from anyone else) they can pretty much ask what they want.

*I have no complaints whatsoever about G66 on itself. More the opposite. Excellent service, kind ppl.

Well, I looked at the site and the prices haven't changed
2499 euros for the axe 3, 829 euros for an fc12 and no mention of a package deal. That is 3000 dollars for the axe, and 1000 for the FC12. That is 1250 dollars more in Europe. Of course they have expenses like Marco Fanton, Leon Todd, Cooper Carter and other guys they give gear to to promote the axe. (As I mentioned before, I know one of those guys personally) but By the way, the guys I mentioned actually do stuff that a lot of us benefit from. (At least I do)
I am assuming that the axe, after production, isn't shipped to the usa first and then back to Europe or other distributeurs. G66 Tests and updates every unit before they send it out,(excellent!) But transport costs would therefore be equal (approx) to the usa or to Europe. and I also think they do not pay retail prices. I know we get extended warranty here in Europe, so that explays a bit of the difference, but like many said before, the price difference is imho too big. But since there is no competition when it comes to this product (you cannot buy from anyone else) they can pretty much ask what they want.

*I have no complaints whatsoever about G66 on itself. More the opposite. Excellent service, kind ppl.
Please do not compare prices with warranty, shipping, customs fee and VAT with prices without any of those.
It is simply not a correct comparrison. As I stated before, the price for a European citicen will be pretty much the same if you buy from US or from G66.

And yes, we did drop the prices on FC-12 and FC-6 to match the deal from US, and I believe it was in december we lowered the Axe-Fx III price, also to match US:)

Reactions: DLW
I love G66, they are amazing and the prices aren't too far off the US price considering VAT and warranty and everything. Of course it would be nice if they had deals sometimes but that hasn't stopped me from buying from them.

With that said, I found this post funny..

What other site could you have bought from? Like if you're in EU, you don't have any other choice than G66, no?
Choice, as in buy it there or don’t. I don’t think there’s a lack of demand if a few people decide not to buy the unit because of VAT or any other associated costs.

G66 fixed my MFC101 covering postage costs after when I would have presumed the warranty had expired yet they insisted on doing this. They are genuinely amazing. Should you have an issue with your unit (unlikely, but not impossible) you would be exposed to very high return postage costs to send it to the US, and that assumes you have bought the warranty. I understand that your purely arithmetic comparison suggests a material cost advantage for direct supply but you’ve not attached any value to the peace of mind and convenience of having to return it to G66 if anything goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom