Cygnus Beta - first impressions

When?...? A significant uplift in chug will take an A unit into A++ territory. I play in multiple bands, lots of unique tones in addition to a lot of high gain (I use a bit of synth and what not) and have had all unit from Axe II on. I believe I receive more compliments on my overall tone than any other player I know. If we get the full 'chug' it's going to be on another level. I cannot wait. Agree with what said in the original post, some of the major firmware updates my ears haven't had that same experience as others - some I even struggle to notice. I am very excited about this one,
Sounds like its way more than just chug!

Sounds like its way more than just chug!
Yep....I am excited for all of it, but the chug thing is important when I play hard rock or metal.....the ONLY people who don't routinely compliment my tone seem to be the metal guys. Maybe they just dont like it, or my playing, but I think it could be the "chug". I've had great luck with Fractal, I am a huge fan....

To some, there is a lot of distinction between one can of bees and another, especially if it chugs or chits.

(Disclaimer: I'm not one of them...yet. Maybe Cygnus 1-X will change my mind.)

What @Patzag said. In spades.

I was impressed with the modeling improvements between firmware 14 and firmware 15. I mean really impressed. Like one-of-the-best-firmware-updates-ever impressed. But the difference between firmware 15 and Cygnus is way bigger than that. And not just the sound — the notes leap at you. And then spank you for drinking their coffee.

The dynamics in Cygnus just slay. The difference between light picking and vicious slamming is downright rude. And I love it.

As a wise man once said, you guys/gals are in for a treat.

Last edited:

I was impressed with the modeling improvements between firmware 14 and firmware 15. I mean really impressed. Like one-of-the-best-firmware -updates-ever impressed. But the difference between firmware 15 and Cygnus is way bigger than that. And not just the sound — the notes leap at you. And then spank you for drinking their coffee.

The dynamics in Cygnus just slay. The difference between light picking and vicious slamming is downright rude. And I love it.

Rex, great stuff ! Are you on AX3 or FM3 for Cygnus beeeeeeeeTA !

I was impressed with the modeling improvements between firmware 14 and firmware 15. I mean really impressed. Like one-of-the-best-firmware -updates-ever impressed. But the difference between firmware 15 and Cygnus is way bigger than that. And not just the sound — the notes leap at you. And then spank you for drinking their coffee.

We’re in, Cygnus up!

While the beta testers are allowed by FAS to share some info, be aware that there is still an NDA in effect. We all know, and see on other forums, that every drip of info about upcoming products will be put under a magnifying glass and leads to loads of follow-up questions. Please leave the testers some space.

Awesome, great to hear. Will we need to do many changes to presets on firmware 15?

Awesome, great to hear. Will we need to do many changes to presets on firmware 15?

The following graph models my experience, and may model that of others as well. Re-label the y-axis as "delta tweak" and x-axis as "firmware version". In other words, the amount of tweaking has decreased considerably over time, to the point where I load new firmware, start playing, and enjoy the new stuff Cliff has given us.

1612912055758.png

Last edited:
Bring it on...

Clearly since I have an actual show, on a big stage, on Saturday, it will come on Friday and I won't be able to touch it ;)
<<Waits patiently at keyboard watching the forum page refresh>>

Back
Top Bottom