Favorite amp/cab combos for clean and edge of breakup

Hey all ,

Got the fm3 yesterday spent a few hours going through the presets and have been blown away.

I am wondering what your favorite amp/ cabs for for clean and edge of break up. I am feeling just a tab overwhelmed with the options not even sure where to start !

Thanks !

The 6G12 is nice. I use the Super 4x10 cab, which is as close as I have been able to find. More or less correct dimensions for the cab resonances, and a C10R is not too terribly different from the AlNiCo P10R it ought to be. Don't remember if it is factory or 3rd party. I have a LOT of IRs....

Shiver Clean + 1x6 Oval is the winning combo for me. So warm and satisfying to play. It's fun to play around with the input gain and master volume for hitting the edge of breakup sweet spot.

Shiver Clean + 1x6 Oval is the winning combo for me. So warm and satisfying to play. It's fun to play around with the input gain and master volume for hitting the edge of breakup sweet spot.
I use the Shiver Clean with the MV up fairly high - around 7, I think. Cliff posted somewhere that cranking the MV was the secret for this model.

Then I have an RCB in front to push the input a bit.

Works great for me.

I like the bassman on crunch with volume knob dialed waaaay back. I did tweak it a bit to bring out some more brightness as well because I like my tone knob rolled back as well. I am going to take a closer look at the CAE mentioned above as I haven't messed with it much.

Back
Top Bottom