Layout 3, "Effects", went universal?

Kidmag

When I modified my effects in my layout 3 of one of my presets, it got applied to all of my presets. So now in every preset, my "effects" layout/menu is the same. I must have done something wrong - I thought that would only happen if I used the #9 Master layout. Any thoughts? after 30 minutes of trying to figure this out, I'm stumped. Ideally, I'd like to have each preset have its own custom set of effects presented in layout 3.

Thanks for thoughts!

Layouts are Global, not per-scene preset.

If you need switches defined that way you'll need to use one of the per-preset methods on those switches.

I think the layouts are the same no matter what preset you're on. If you use per-preset switches instead to toggle effects, then they would be different, well... per-preset... (Couldn't help myself)

Edit: Unix-guy beat me to it!

Sounds like you're saying that is just how it works? Not the end of the world, but it would nice if I could have a custom "effects" layout / set-up for each preset. I guess I can rethink and lean on "scene's" more.

Sounds like you're saying that is just how it works? Not the end of the world, but it would nice if I could have a custom "effects" layout / set-up for each preset. I guess I can rethink and lean on "scene's" more.
We both mentioned per-preset switches. This is the way...

Look into per preset switches. I have a III not an FM3, but my guess is that th8at functionality exists there too.

Crossed in the mail :)

Ok - I just read the section on Per - Presets of the switches guide. So the default is that layouts are universal, but you can, with effort adjust things in the layouts on a per preset basis directly on the FM3 (as opposed through the editor). That's good to know. Would be a nice upgrade to allow that functionality right in the editor with a check box or something. So I'll live with it for a bit now and then see if there is something I really want to move around. thanks for the direction!

Ok - I just read the section on Per - Presets of the switches guide. So the default is that layouts are universal, but you can, with effort adjust things in the layouts on a per preset basis directly on the FM3 (as opposed through the editor). That's good to know. Would be a nice upgrade to allow that functionality right in the editor with a check box or something. So I'll live with it for a bit now and then see if there is something I really want to move around. thanks for the direction!
The editor has this function. It says "Per Preset FC". Are you not seeing that in your editor? Under the save button.

The editor is much easier IMO. I have certain effects like Delay 1 and Reverb 1, as well as Amp boost, that are in every preset so I have switches dedicated to these effects/functions. I have 9 Per Preset switches that I assign to effects and functions (Scene Toggle, Layout Links etc...) when creating a new preset.

Back
Top Bottom