If you had a choice what would it be

Holbert71

Experienced
I have a new never been plugged in JP-15 teal quilt still under warranty till Feb 2021 and have the chance to trade it for a Mint condition 2007 PRS single cut SC245 flame green 10 top with orig case and case candy which would you pick?

I’d keep the one that feels best to you. I began playing PRS guitars in the mid-2000s on a 513, then sold it. Nothing else felt as good, so I got another 513. I‘ve since become an all-PRS guy for gigging guitars, with the exception of my Taylor T5s. For me, there’s just not a better electric guitar out there.

But, it’s not for me... so it’s important that it’s simply the one you like better. EBMM guitars are also very well made and good playing instruments... my second favorite electric.

What's the dollar difference in used value?

I really like PRS guitars but I'd take a post-2012 core model over an older one due to the advances in finishing process and improved hardware. That said if it's an emerald green model, that may be pretty hard to find (doesn't mean people will pay extra mind you).

What's the dollar difference in used value?

I really like PRS guitars but I'd take a post-2012 core model over an older one due to the advances in finishing process and improved hardware. That said if it's an emerald green model, that may be pretty hard to find (doesn't mean people will pay extra mind you).
Well my music man is still under warranty , never been played or plugged in, by reverb price go for what i paid for it 3,299 the prs is a 2007 mint condition it is emerald green flame top 10 top . now I looked on reverb and i seen 2007/2008 sc 245 10 top sale all day long between 1400 to 1800

I wouldnt pay over $2k cad for a pre-"V12 finish" core unless it was a solid rosewood neck or wood library.

Edit: what you paid for the guitar doesnt really matter. Used market value does.

Last edited:
A new guitar for a 13 year old? Nope. If you want the prs, get a paper round and let it be the next one you buy. I am assuming you did not buy the JP by accident. Probably the result of a lot of thinking and comparing. Why swap it now then?

Harm

Get which ever you like your the one who's playing it. PRS are great value used because nobody really cares about them and there are a lot of virtually unplayed ones for very cheap. On that subject here is a PRS joke for you;

How do you relic a PRS to look like a real vintage one?

Take the ticket off.:tearsofjoy:

Back
Top Bottom