NGD - well, sort of

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
Eddie’s passing last October spurred me to start another Frankenstrat project. I did a 79 non-Floyd version about a decade ago which I never really took to.
Am still waiting for my body and neck from Warmoth so decided to test my replication skills on a cheap set first.
Had hoped to finish the first attempt before Christmas but made the mistake of using enamel red over the acrylic white. The red simply refused to dry and started curdling. Had to strip everything off and start afresh.
Anyhoo, went with the 83 US Festival/ Jump video version and here’s the result.
1BB0CDDB-5E77-4584-9334-CE8754BB1FD5.jpeg1195B008-323A-4F29-9F52-A06DABA4FAB0.jpeg
The neck pickup is fully functional via a mini toggle and I’ve also added a mini killswitch. Other non-compliant areas would include, amongst others, the Floyd (which is a Schaller), machine heads and reflectors.

Looks awesome man! Stupid question maybe, but I saw NGD a few times now and have no idea what that stands for. Could you tell me? (Googling didn’t help)

Harm

Nice work. Pitty Musikraft aren't doing bodies anymore. They had a neck and body that was the only serious choice for a 5150. You can still get the neck at least.

Back
Top Bottom