Gibson buying Mesa?

What this means is that Randall is getting old and wants any future profits in his pocket now. He'll still run the company but all future profits go to Gibson.
That's what I thought when I read his "beyond my time" comment in the article.

Either that or he has health issues...

I can see the "New MESA/Boogie Mark IIC+ 40th anniversary limited reissue, now in a rare brazilian wood cabinet, ultra-rare NOS tubes from a recently discovered abandoned facility in Russia, vintage style knobs with mother-of-pearl markers and the new Cab-clone XS built-in.

The "road worn" version with ripped tolex and the faded remnants of a band name stenciled on the back will be available at a premium price.

Like any acquisition, the acquiring company will look for synergies (cost savings) that usually don't increase quality. First will be people then cheaper parts...

Dear god please no. Although in the near term this might convince me to buy a JP2-C, before prices quadruple and quality flies off a cliff.

I guess this will demarc the Mesa eras now; pre-Gibson and post-Gibson. The pre-Gibson amps will now start to take on legendary, rarefied, pixie-dust/unicorn status (and prices) so get 'em now while you can!

Mesa Recto is basically a SLO100 with a few tweaks. I wouldn’t stir that pot if I were them.

I guess they’ll have to implement some sort of auto detune of G notes in the MB circuits. It is all about branding and cohesive product lines.

I had some opcode stuff in my rack - for the time, very very useful.
Thanks
Pauly

I thought I was the only one old enough to remember Opcode....many of us of a certain age cut our DAW (sorta) teeth on that app......quite bizarre when it just..went away.....

I better get my Triaxis display fixed for posterities sake while I still can before Mesa goes the way of Steinberger. Even more reason for the Mesa heads to stay safely in the home studio and continue relying on Fractal other than also saving my back of course. Very sad. I wonder when Doug West will branch out with other soon to be former employees?

Back
Top Bottom