AFIII Oi! Don't let your dog poop on my lawn!'

ZenRigs Man

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
A few months back, while sitting in my studio at home and looking out the window, I watched a dog, off the lead, walk up our driveway, onto our lawn and take a big dump. I had found dog poop here before so I reckon this dog was just feeling at home. The owner, who was still out on the street, waited for his dog to finish and then just walked off. Naturally, I chased the bugger down the road and yelled (you guessed it) 'Oi! Don't let your dog poop on my lawn'. I may have been less polite. I really don't recall. Anyway, having been caught red handed (poop handed?) he said he was planning to come back later as he didn't have a bag. Lucky him - I had a bag with me! So I gave it to him, made him come back to my house and pick up the poop.

Today, during a brief break from grey skies and wintry showers, the sky turned blue and the sun came out. Inspired by how beautiful the world looked amidst the craziness of the global pandemic, and how serene everything seemed, this song just started to come out of me, literally playing itself as I held my guitar.

I quickly hit record on my rig and captured it in one take, before it slipped out of my mind and my fingers. Direct tone from my Axe FX III. I recorded a simple baseline on it afterwards, but that's it.

Just as I was finishing up, I spied the same dog in my front garden, this time with the owner chasing behind it to pull it back into the street. The blinds were partly open in my room and he could see me smiling at him. No words needed this time. I reckon he could hear what my eyes were gently yelling at him.

Stay safe! Sukh x

Pretty sure your dog :pileofpoop: behind you when you were playing...you might want to check! ;)

On a more serious note, that sounds absolutely AMAZING!!! I didn't want it to end. I think you should turn that into a full fledged song...not necessarily poop related, but with lyrics that will capture the mood of the blue sky and sunshine, you described...a feel that all the world needs right now!!! As you were playing, I could hear Eddie Vedders voice in my head.

Pretty sure your dog :pileofpoop: behind you when you were playing...you might want to check! ;)

On a more serious note, that sounds absolutely AMAZING!!! I didn't want it to end. I think you should turn that into a full fledged song...not necessarily poop related, but with lyrics that will capture the mood of the blue sky and sunshine, you described...a feel that all the world needs right now!!! As you were playing, I could hear Eddie Vedders voice in my head.

Thanks man! Glad you like it... it's actually a proper track (full length) for an EP I'm working on :)

Back
Top Bottom