New FM ???

Let's hope that they will add more FX Loop jacks on the rear panel. It would be a dream if the next Axe FX Floor had the possibility of having up to 2 (or 3) pairs of Stereo Returns (for a total of 4 or 6 Mono Return jacks) so as to be able to insert at least two external Stereo pedals within the next Axe FX Floor signal.
Also, I really hope that will be added more Bass Amps / Cabs... fingers crossed

I haven't used one. Of course Andertons was going crazy, they're a dealer. Do you really think they would say bad things about a product they sell?
In fairness to them they often say bad thing about the stuff they sell, it is one of the reasons people like the channel.

This might be a stupid question, but if the difference between FC6 and FC12 is $200, couldn’t there be another FM3 in the size of an FC12 with six additional switches for $1200?

This might be a stupid question, but if the difference between FC6 and FC12 is $200, couldn’t there be another FM3 in the size of an FC12 with six additional switches for $1200?

i think yes and no yes to the using the Fc12 chassis 100% but i suspect and FM 7 or 8 in about the 1500 zone and more power than the fm3

When the FM3 was announced I predicted a future model in the FC-12 chassis.

If you follow that TGP link above there's a posted mockup photo in the thread with a version like that. Personally, if it had all the processing power of the Axe Fx III in the chassis of the FC-12 with 6 switches (as in that mockup) I'd be on the list immediately.
Hmmm.... as an added bonus, if it could share its buttons and any attached FCs with a downstream AxeFX3 Mk2, that would be awesome. The FM would give the 'I want to plug my geetar in at my pedalboard' peeps their wish, and the idea of having 4 amps available by use of a SPDIF or USB cable between them is drool-inducing....

Last edited:
My understanding of a big difference between the FM3 and the AX8 is that the FM3 has an ARM core dedicated to non-DSP tasks like displaying the UI etc. freeing up more cycles on the Sharc cores for the modeling. But essentially the Sharc cores have more or less a similar amount of processing power as the AX8.

My understanding of a big difference between the FM3 and the AX8 is that the FM3 has an ARM core dedicated to non-DSP tasks like displaying the UI etc. freeing up more cycles on the Sharc cores for the modeling. But essentially the Sharc cores have more or less a similar amount of processing power as the AX8.
As far as I know, Strymon also uses Sharc CPUs in their pedals.

I haven't used one. Of course Andertons was going crazy, they're a dealer. Do you really think they would say bad things about a product they sell?

Cliff, that`s exactly what I realise on Andertons TV youtube channel:

I really like their channel since 2012 but as they do not have the oppurtunity to sell FAS stuff
they mention your products for a few seconds or they even ignore it completely :D

It is not a review channel but the youtube channel of a retailer in UK.

Of course they say that the QC is the best unit out there :D

I am very happy with the FM 3 anyway so thank you again for making such a great unit for a very reasonable price :)

Funny how that's not what the wiki says.... oh yea the original FM3 forum was blocked / deleted.

End of the day it doesn't matter IMHO because the AX8 was a completely different design and software system.

I personally don't care at all. Completely happy with the FM3.

As I see, based only on processing power, Axe-FX 2 could still run all the current modeling advances, better than a FM3.

But there may be some technical differences I'm not aware off.

I think I read some talk about 64 bit computing that the new DSPs can do and the older can't.

Back
Top Bottom