New Guitars Day - EVH Wolfgang Specials

I find the missing tummy and forearm cut a bit uncomfortable.
I have both the Standard and the Special. There are quite a few differences between the two.

I find the missing tummy and forearm cut a bit uncomfortable.
I have both the Standard and the Special. There are quite a few differences between the two.
Saw that. If I were to get a Standard I would want to do a lot of upgrades.

Yea, I went down that road, don't want to do it again.
I had a local luthier put the tummy cut and forearm bevel on my Special.
I like it much better now.

Yea, I have owned many guitars in my life. This EVH Special is the very first one I modded like that. I made up my mind and just dove into it, no turning back. What good is it if you have a guitar you like, but it's uncomfortable to play?
Look how many Ed modified! ;)

Yea, I have owned many guitars in my life. This EVH Special is the very first one I modded like that. I made up my mind and just dove into it, no turning back. What good is it if you have a guitar you like, but it's uncomfortable to play?
Look how many Ed modified! ;)
True that!
post some pics if you get a chance. I’d love to see it.

Last edited:
Nice!

I have a MIJ special that I’m in the process of modding quite a bit (kill switch, graptech loaded floyd) basically want to make a lifeson axcess with a kill switch...yet retain the original sound.

The most interesting mod though might be what you done with in wall power ;)

How is the feel and sound? I have a USA stealth, and an original EBMM EVH, but thinking about getting a Special specifically for gigging....they look great BTW.

Nice!

I have a MIJ special that I’m in the process of modding quite a bit (kill switch, graptech loaded floyd) basically want to make a lifeson axcess with a kill switch...yet retain the original sound.

The most interesting mod though might be what you done with in wall power ;)
Building code violation? :)
LOL! It’s power for a TV, Blu-Ray player and cable box I have mounted on the wall above.
0AC0D917-AC98-496E-AAD1-5429E64D4B1E.jpeg

How is the feel and sound? I have a USA stealth, and an original EBMM EVH, but thinking about getting a Special specifically for gigging....they look great BTW.
They play and sound great. I’m sure they’re not on par with a USA Wolfgang but they’re great guitars for their price range.

So the Wolfgang USA and Specials don't have a tummy cut/forearm cut, correct? Do you miss it on the Specials or does it feel about right?

I still can't believe you snagged the Ivory Special on Musician's Friend while the rest of us are left waiting for months ;).

So the Wolfgang USA and Specials don't have a tummy cut/forearm cut, correct? Do you miss it on the Specials or does it feel about right?

I still can't believe you snagged the Ivory Special on Musician's Friend while the rest of us are left waiting for months ;).
Feels great to me. No issues.
It was an open box item so I got lucky. It’s in pristine condition though. Not a ding or scratch anywhere.

Last edited:
Tele's and Les Pauls never had a tummy/forearm cut, nobody complained. Although I dare say that the more the edges are rounded off the greater the comfort when your arm is resting on it. And when you apply a binding round the edge that means a very mild rounding off. That's the price you pay for looking good. Those who want to look good have to suffer.

Back
Top Bottom