Queensrÿche - "Jet City Woman" presets

gurtejsingh

Inspired
Fantastic job!
Attempting to convert to FM3...
Can you screen shot the cabs?
FracTool doesn't clarify your lead cabs...
Bank 1 "scratchpad"
Bank 2 "Factory 1" (1x6 Oval)?
Looks like your rhythm cabs are Legacy 108 "4x12 Petrucci V30 Mix"

Thanks

Loaded it into my Axe-Fx II. It uses the Legacy 057 '4x12 Mar PR-H55 FULL (OH)'

Married the two presets into one using channels. Two Rhythm scenes, and two Solo scenes. No idea what he used for the clean parts? Neither preset had any clean scenes?
  1. Set to the correct Legacy cabs. (didn't convert right?)
  2. Had to tweak the levels a bit. (differences in modeling)
  3. Would need a bit of tweaking to get them closer. (differences in modeling)
  4. Had to reset the Reverbs as the defaults were very different (or they we tweaked by the author?).
  5. Reverb Channel A is the original Rhythm settings.
  6. Reverb Channel B is the reset Rhythm settings.
  7. Reverb Channel C is the original Rhythm settings.
  8. Reverb Channel D is the reset Rhythm settings.
  9. Added a (post Amp/cab) Compressor for the Solo scenes to control the huge amount of low end when playing on the lower strings.
  10. Matched the (Auto-Wah) LFO speed to the original. (didn't convert right?)

Attachments

• Jet City Woman (MCP).syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 42
Moke,
Maybe he will chime in and let us know about the clean channel...
Yep Fractool doesn't always convert everything, but it is still an outstanding tool!
Thank you for making the effort...I have several of your purchased presets and you do an outstanding job on them...!!!

Last edited:
@Moke and @michaiel Thank you so much for the feedback and the help. I am trying to look for the clean tone that I used on this track. It was way way back, I think I was on Q10/9 perhaps. I will update the thread once and if I am able to find it.

Sorry for the late replies, I somehow haven't been getting email notifications about these!

Ok guys, after doing a quick search on my drives, this is what I could find. Just loaded it up in to Ares 2, made some tweaks and exported it. The Cab I used is Legacy 044 - 4x12 Recto M160 ( Mesa Rectifier 4x12 cabinet, Beyer M160 )

If I remember it correctly I played it in the split coil position on my JP15 (middle position) Too much bass otherwise as its dialled in high. Please tweak to taste! Cheers.

Attachments

• Jet City - Clean.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom