FM3 Firmware Version 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
No drops, no feeezes, can copy scenes in my unit, edit connectivity flawless, amp block in line with the big brother and the sound is amazing (as always).

You’ve done it. I would adventure to say that the bug squishing era is mainly over. Now come the goodies.

Long life to the FM3 and those who believe!

Added “Tuner on Heel Down” to MIDI/Remote/Other. When the value of the specified controller goes below 5%, the tuner will be displayed automatically. Typically you would set this to the same CC# or pedal used for volume control so the tuner will come on automatically when the volume pedal is pulled back.
This is low-key effin' brilliant.

This is awesome...I was able to get my Helix expression pedal assigned via MIDI to the volume and now I can enable the tuner that way, switching the tap button back to sending tap tempo, and then I "fixed" the scene revert issue I was having by switching it on (RTFM right).

So far so good, sounds great too!

This is awesome...I was able to get my Helix expression pedal assigned via MIDI to the volume and now I can enable the tuner that way, switching the tap button back to sending tap tempo, and then I "fixed" the scene revert issue I was having by switching it on (RTFM right).

So far so good, sounds great too!
Manual? We don' need no stinkin' manual.

Wow! Being new to the FAS world, I didn't expect updates to come up that fast! Awesome!

Thanks Fractal and Merry Christmas!!!
Back in the day with the Axe-FX II a weekly to bi-weekly update pace was entirely normal. They chased down problems and released updates whenever they had enough fixes or if something critical got broken in a previous update. Keep in mind this applied more to the betas than releases.
FAS updates reflects their character as a uniquely customer-focused and engaged company. The only other one I can think of is Tesla. My friends who own Teslas go on and on about not only how amazing the cars are, but how often they get over-the air-updates for bug fixes and feature additions.

Edit: I want to clarify: It's not that they aren't chasing down bugs now, they're just taking a less harried approach to things these days, which I wholeheartedly support. I would think that playing Whack-A-Mole was far too stressful and not sustainable long term. I think @Admin M@ and @FractalAudio aged 20 years between 2012 in LA and 2019 in Boston (but then again I think I did, too).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Manual? We don' need no stinkin' manual.
Badges.gif

This is low-key effin' brilliant.

Close to brilliant...

When using the expression pedal for wha, it's easy to move into that 5% range and the tuner kicks in muting the signal (I have my tuner set to mute the input).

FAS, would it be possible to add a delay time parameter to set a short delay before the tuner kicks in on pedal down?

EDIT: By"pedal down" I meant with the heel down, not toe down.

Last edited:
There's a slight gap changing amp channels on scenes but no worse than before and still pretty tolerable for me, especially coming from using the AX8 a few years ago when you really had to work around it.

Close to brilliant...

When using the expression pedal for wha, it's easy to move into that 5% range and the tuner kicks in muting the signal (I have my tuner set to mute the input).

FAS, would it be possible to add a delay time parameter to set a short delay before the tuner kicks in on pedal down?

Not a terrible idea, but it should be a fixed delay, not a parameter.

I've been skeptical of claims of "better" in the past. I already think the Fractal stuff sounds great but I don't generally hear the changes ... Plus I think there's a lot of placebo effect and group-think that goes on in these guitar forums. :eek:

BUT 3.0 IS DIFFERENT! If I didn't know there was a firmware update, I would think a doctor cleaned out my ears while I was sleeping or that Leon Todd programmed my FM3 for me. This sounds [EDIT: oops, I meant "fricking"] amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom