FW 3.0 P.A Changes ... I'm confused ... are these amps impacted?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all !

Im confused - the only amps I use are as follows:-

-> Matchbox D-30
-> Class – A 30W TB
-> Class – A 30W Hot
-> Plexi 50W High 1
-> Deluxe Tweed
-> Dirty Shirley
-> Wrecker Express
-> Plexi 50W 6CA7
-> AC-20 12AX7 Treble

=> are these Amps impacted by the new P.A changes (?)
=> if so do they need to be "reset" to get the full benefits of the new P.A changes (?)

Thanks,
Ben

Hi all !

-> Matchbox D-30
-> Class – A 30W TB
-> Class – A 30W Hot
-> Plexi 50W High 1
-> Deluxe Tweed
-> Dirty Shirley
-> Wrecker Express
-> Plexi 50W 6CA7
-> AC-20 12AX7 Treble

=> if so do they need to be "reset" to get the full benefits of the new P.A changes (?)

Thanks,
Ben
typically things only need to be reset to get the new Defaults. a firmware update changes everything, unless the Release Notes state specifically that something isn't updated automatically.

if you update and your current settings sound good, then you're done.

typically things only need to be reset to get the new Defaults. a firmware update changes everything, unless the Release Notes state specifically that something isn't updated automatically.

if you update and your current settings sound good, then you're done.

So for 3.0 ... thats a no to resetting the amp block .... (?)

Ben

So for 3.0 ... thats a no to resetting the amp block .... (?)

Ben

Correct.

Sometimes, when you've deep-edited the amp block parameters and the firmware is updated, it can't hurt to compare the dialed-in amp to a "fresh" one. So easy to do. First make sure that Tone Control Display in the Global menu is set to Ideal. Then copy the amp channel to another channel, and re-select the amp type. Switch between the channels.

Correct.

Sometimes, when you've deep-edited the amp block parameters and the firmware is updated, it can't hurt to compare the dialed-in amp to a "fresh" one. So easy to do. First make sure that Tone Control Display in the Global menu is set to Ideal. Then copy the amp channel to another channel, and re-select the amp type. Switch between the channels.
How does that compare to using the Reset button on the unit?

Reset button? You mean: Utility > Reset? That's something totally different. That resets the unit's system parameters.
No, there's a Reset button on unit, far left if I remember right. Clicking it confirms if you want to reset the current channel.

Hi all !

-> Matchbox D-30
-> Class – A 30W TB
-> Class – A 30W Hot
-> Plexi 50W High 1
-> Deluxe Tweed
-> Dirty Shirley
-> Wrecker Express
-> Plexi 50W 6CA7
-> AC-20 12AX7 Treble

Thanks,
Ben
All amp models are affected. Some more than others.

All amp models are affected. Some more than others.

Many thanks :)

So it really is just a case of listening to your presets - if you like them leave them as is - if you don't like them anymore then tweak accordingly ... with no amp block reset necessary at all (?)

Thanks again,
Ben

Many thanks :)

So it really is just a case of listening to your presets - if you like them leave them as is - if you don't like them anymore then tweak accordingly ... with no amp block reset necessary at all (?)

Thanks again,
Ben
You got it.

Hi all !

-> Matchbox D-30
-> Class – A 30W TB
-> Class – A 30W Hot
-> Plexi 50W High 1
-> Deluxe Tweed
-> Dirty Shirley
-> Wrecker Express
-> Plexi 50W 6CA7
-> AC-20 12AX7 Treble

Thanks,
Ben
Personally, I would do a reset. I've seen and heard differences in a lot of amps that makes me wonder if I make a different preset later it won't match my others when using the same amp. I made some new presets and set everyhing like my old ones and they are a lot different sounding.

You got it.
Personally, I would do a reset. I've seen and heard differences in a lot of amps that makes me wonder if I make a different preset later it won't match my others when using the same amp. I made some new presets and set everyhing like my old ones and they are a lot different sounding.

FWIW ... my presets are fairly "simple" ..... so I used Channel A and B to refresh and rebuild the amp block with my same existing settings - only took an hour or so .... like I said, FWIW to my ears I heard and feel a significant difference [ ie: better lows and low mids and sweeter highs ] from the refreshed / rebuilt Amp block compared to just leaving them at 15.01 "unfreshed" .

YMMV ... just putting it out there with what I found.

Many sincere thanks again,
Ben

Back
Top Bottom