Votes: 9 9.8%
  • QSC K12.2

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Headrush 112

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Other

Votes: 55 59.8%

• Total voters
I am currently using an EV ZLX-12BT for monitoring myself along with the rest of the band for live shows. We have one on each side of the stage. Sounds great and reasonably priced.

The main objective here was to get a poll of FRFR speakers that that can be easily purchased and with great financing if possible like Sweetwater or Musicians Friend. Thats why I didn't include CLR or a few others mentioned.

The main objective here was to get a poll of FRFR speakers that that can be easily purchased and with great financing if possible like Sweetwater or Musicians Friend. Thats why I didn't include CLR or a few others mentioned.
Yamaha DXR10 pair, or EV PXM-12MP if you want even better. I have a review of the latter in this very forum.

Just ordered an FM3 so haven't tinkered with one yet. I have a couple of Mackie SRM450's (the original ones) from gig days, wondering if anyone has used one of these? I know CLR is the gold standard, but I already have these.

Just ordered an FM3 so haven't tinkered with one yet. I have a couple of Mackie SRM450's (the original ones) from gig days, wondering if anyone has used one of these? I know CLR is the gold standard, but I already have these.

I have used Mackie SRM450's V3 in our rehearsal space and for some gigs (with the AX8, not the FM3). They are usable, but I much prefer the Yamaha DZR 10's I upgraded to.

This is probably a dumb question but I love the stereo sound on my headphones playing with the FM3, no single monitor could replicate that sound correct? I'd have to buy two powered monitors for that same sound? Are most folks just running a single monitor and ok with the mono setup?

This is probably a dumb question but I love the stereo sound on my headphones playing with the FM3, no single monitor could replicate that sound correct? I'd have to buy two powered monitors for that same sound? Are most folks just running a single monitor and ok with the mono setup?
Stereo requires two sound sources to create the effect, so yes it would take two speakers (or a stereo array speaker and pretty precise location). Most of the players I know use a mono setup live as, again, you have to be located in the stereo field properly to hear the effect. I’ve never felt the mono sound lacking, but do like hearing some of the effects in stereo at home. For gigging, in my opinion, it isn‘t worthwhile. There are certainly those who disagree with that, and love the stereo or even WDW setup.

EV EKX-12p or...

Tealtone FR loaded with Eminence Beta 12-CX, Beta 10-CX, and ASD:1001 coaxial HF drivers mounted on each. Driven by Duncan PS-200.

FRcab.JPG

Tell us more about these. I have a Xitone cab with a Beta 12 and it sounds great. A little darker than CLR or Accugroove but nothing EQ can't fix.
It's pretty straightforward, a sealed box approx. 2.4 cu. ft. with nearly golden ratio dimensions internally. Each coax setup uses a 2.5kHz asymmetric crossover. Each 8 Ohm coax system in parallel creating an overall 4 Ohm load for the cabinet. I don't call it FRFR as it really does not have a perfectly Flat Response. But for guitar I don't really care much about that, especially considering all of the EQ and related capability of the Fractal boxes.

Hell, when you put any FRFR in an actual room in the real world, the response at you ears is never flat anyway. What really matters is do you like what you hear after you attempt to shape it. Thus, there are many ways to skin the cab as evidenced by the variety of what's available out there. There is really no best way to do this stuff, only different ways depending on what sounds good to you. That's part of the fun of it all, right?

IMG_20200815_153945425.jpgIMG_20200815_154116404.jpg
IMG_20200822_174626656.jpg

Back
Top Bottom