Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 15.00 Public Beta #1

Can someone give some practical examples of how this can be useful? I feel like this might be huge, but I am not fully grasping it yet.

In short, AES or SPDIF was previously very limited in routing via blocks. Now, you can get these sources on to the grid via your choice of inputs. So, for example, you might process guitar with Inputs 1 and 2, and then bring a digital signal onto the grid via Input 3 or 4. Another desirable application would be using OUT 2 and IN 2 as a digital send and return. (Set SPDIF/AES Source to OUT 2, Set In 2 source to Digital).

The important thing to remember is that you have one digital input source. It must be set to your choice of AES, SPDIF or USB 5/6. Once you designate this source, any of the four input blocks can be set to use that source. You can even assign it to more than one of them at the same time. Of course, you can also select Analog for any input to have it use the associated jacks. The first time Cliff explained it to me, I made a sketch in my notebook. Here's that sketch dressed up a bit:

1607992043055.png

Last edited:
holy freaking crap. everything feels "cleaner" in the way that @York Audio said. my high gain is just more focused and there's not a lot of "noise in frequencies" if that makes any sense.

this is really, really, really good.

with the instant Amp Channel Changing from last firmware, the functionality of this machine is insane.

I see the compression bar working but the sound doesn‘t change. The 2 other types are OK
it's definitely working for me. it probably depends on the amp type used.

if i change from 0 to 10, there is a major difference with the Class-A 30W TB for example.

I played w the new free preset “MF Recty” that @Marco Fanton dropped on G66.eu, and even using headphones, it gave me the lively and touch sensitive playing sensation like an actual amp w speakers was in front of me. Specifically, that Orange Lead preset is killer. I am completely blown away by 15.00b. Wow!! 😍

This change is substantial enough that I would reset my amp blocks and dial from scratch. I bet numerous “advanced parameter” settings aren’t needed at all anymore.

Of course duplicate your preset and change things on a copy, but the EQ of my amp block “feels” different now - in a good way.

Or just build a new amp/cab preset from scratch and I bet it sounds better than before.

It feels so instant, and present, and inspires me to play.

Nothing makes me more excited in the Fractal firmware world as improvements to the Power Amp and transient response; improved “chug”, “thump” and “chime” makes me crazy so I hope it's possible that the FM3 can eventually get these improvements as well...Cliff is the FM3 capable of running the new PA tweaks or will that push it too far?

I ported the changes this morning.

That's fantastic to hear and very cool that you can get the new stuff ported over as fast as you did (wow!), and that it's very efficient and quick to keep the amp modeling consistent between the two platforms. Exciting stuff for sure...

I'm always interested in the tech 'under the hood' and am wondering if you could give a brief 'birds-eye-view' of what's changed/improved/newly discovered technically in the PA modeling if that's at all possible??

Last edited:
That's fantastic to hear and very cool that you can get the new stuff ported over as fast as you did (wow!), and that it's very efficient and quick to keep the amp modeling consistent between the two platforms. Exciting stuff for sure...

I'm always interested in the tech 'under the hood' and am wondering if you could give a brief 'birds-eye-view' of what's changed/improved/newly discovered in the PA modeling if that's at all possible??
maxresdefault.jpg

This change is substantial enough that I would reset my amp blocks and dial from scratch. I bet numerous “advanced parameter” settings aren’t needed at all anymore.

Of course duplicate your preset and change things on a copy, but the EQ of my amp block “feels” different now - in a good way.

Or just build a new amp/cab preset from scratch and I bet it sounds better than before.

sounds like this one could be called the AITR update or the Amp in the room

How long is the official release away? I am a bit busy to jump on the beta right now, so would rather wait for official if that's not too far away.

So totally agree!!

This change is substantial enough that I would reset my amp blocks and dial from scratch.

Ahhhh love reading that...tells me some serious stuff has gone down to reflect and warrant the major version increment...:cool:

Seems that people are immediately able to pick up on the improvements and really digging them...just awesome.

Back
Top Bottom