FM3 Firmware Version 2.0

BryantP

Administrator
The FM3 firmware 2.0 release thread was accidentally deleted during routine maintenance by one of the other moderators. This was a mistake and there is NO problem with the 2.0 release. Here are the links below. We apologize for the inconvenience if you had a conversation going about this release.

We have not lost any of the information from your valuable feedback. Please continue discussing FM3 firmware 2.0.

Direct Download: https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fm3/2p0/fm3_dsp_rel_2p00.zip

A new version of FM3-Edit is required: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/fm3-edit-1-02-00.167545/

Relase Notes:
• Fixed USB audio issues that were affecting some customers.
• Updated Amp block, now in sync with Axe-Fx III v14 (282 models including new “Archean”).
• Updated Chorus and Compressor blocks, now in sync with Axe-Fx III v14.
• "Swap Scenes" is now available on the Tools page of the Layout menu.
• Reduced the overall latency of all analog I/O.
• FC Pedals can now be selected for global Input/Output Volumes (in Setup:MIDI/Remote:Other).
• Output "Volume Increment" functions now work as specified.
• FC: The first FC will now display the tuner when the FM3 is in the Tuner menu.
• Display brightness is now applied correctly on power up.
• Fixed incorrect default scene on Patch recall from FM3-Edit.
• Fixed an occasional crash caused by an “illegal” modifier.
• Fixed crashes related to importing Axe-Fx III presets via FM3-Edit.
• Fixed Bypass button issue in hardware GUI and FM3-Edit.
• Fixed bugs reported during public beta.

As I did previously, I will comment here that the last item above refers to fact that the "Amps go quiet when adjusting Archon" issue was FIXED, as was the issue that caused the cab block to change in level after selecting an empty IR.

And yeah, sorry for the disappearance of this thread. One of the moderators accidentally selected it while removing some dead weight from another discussion area. It's not worth taking the forum offline to restore the latest backup.

Great, thanks for the update and firmware release! I just logged on to download the firmware a few minutes ago only to find the existing thread wasn't there...good to hear everything is cool.

As mentioned in the beta thread, I'm still having audio drop-outs requiring a hard reset of the unit with 2.00 final, and not when using the Archean model (the 6160 Block model, specifically). I believe this has something to do with modifiers on the Amp block, so I'm going to go ahead and rebuild my presets without using those and see if things stabilize.

Reactions: HIO
I believe this has something to do with modifiers on the Amp block, so I'm going to go ahead and rebuild my presets without using those and see if things stabilize.

In the original firmware thread Yek diagnosed an issue related to modifiers on the AMP block, the "Input Drive" IIRC, and the symptoms were the same as yours. The "Input Drive" requires many calculations and if it is modifiable it'll tax the CPU a lot more....perhaps this is also applicable to your issue (or was that your post/preset in that thread)...??

In the original firmware thread Yek diagnosed an issue related to modifiers on the AMP block, the "Input Drive" IIRC, and the symptoms were the same as yours. The "Input Drive" requires many calculations and if it is modifiable it'll tax the CPU a lot more....perhaps this is also applicable to your issue (or was that your post/preset in that thread)...??
Unfortunately, Input Drive isn't the only modifier that can cause this. It is seen on presets with heavy CPU2 usage (where the amp and delay blocks reside).

We are looking in to certain modifiers causing issues in the amp block. This seems to be affected by the number of delay blocks in the preset, which drives top CPU usage on CPU #2 (the dedicated core that is NOT reflected in the visible CPU meter).

FWIW, on my iMac with Big Sur the update went on without an issue. Audio playback from Spotify through the FM3 was glitchy until I rebooted the iMac - but that is often the case with switching to a "new" USB Audio output I have found. The same thing seems to happen with the Axe-FX III every now and then...so just posting to help anyone that has drop outs and issues like this. Sometimes just unplugging the usb cable will do it, other times it seems to need a reboot...so I figure its MacOS vs the Fractal hardware.

So far works perfectly for me
Great job team
Wonder if Treble boosters could be improved and also if you could add a foxx phaser amd a boss ce1 @BryantP ?

I had just posted to the thread, when I hit post a pop up said the thread was missing; I figured great guess I broke it...not a good way for a newby to get started...lol. My question was, since I have saved no tweaks and everything is as shipped the other day (1.06) is there a need to backup before loading 2.0? Thanks

I had just posted to the thread, when I hit post a pop up said the thread was missing; I figured great guess I broke it...not a good way for a newby to get started...lol. My question was, since I have saved no tweaks and everything is as shipped the other day (1.06) is there a need to backup before loading 2.0? Thanks

Well, it can't hurt, but it isn't required.

Archean model
I updated to 2.0 and the updated fm3 editor. Everything seems to be working well but I can‘t find the Archean amp. Did I miss something?

Archean model
I updated to 2.0 and the updated fm3 editor. Everything seems to be working well but I can‘t find the Archean amp. Did I miss something?

It's in there. But as an amp type in the Amp block, not as a factory preset.

As mentioned in the beta thread, I'm still having audio drop-outs requiring a hard reset of the unit with 2.00 final, and not when using the Archean model (the 6160 Block model, specifically). I believe this has something to do with modifiers on the Amp block, so I'm going to go ahead and rebuild my presets without using those and see if things stabilize.
Hi, the same for me using différent amp blocks with modifiers Friedman, 5150...It seems that using more than 2 or 3 modifiers in the amp block leads to audio silence then a necessary reeboot. Specifically modifiers on the Bass, Mids, High. and presence knobs. Workaround, at that moment for me, limiting the modifiers on the amp block to avoid crashing the FM3 and spread the modifiers to other blocks like Drive, Reverb, Delay controls, waiting for the next firmware.

Back
Top Bottom