Home Studio Setup....Lets See 'Em (and some questions lol)

TD77

Inspired
Morning....

Looking for some advice on a home studio. Back in the day I had a roland VS unit but never got into the computer based setups. Well Im thinking of doing so now and looking at either Logic Pro X or Pro Tools. Planning on buying a mac soon. Any advice on either of these (pros cons etc)? And....if you have a shot of your studio for inspiration and jealousy (haha) feel free to post a pic. Thanks!

2020 imac 27", logic pro, getgood drums aggressive rock (bought today), axe fx 3, mackie CR4's and eventually some beyerdynamic. 770's for mixing.

TD, sorry i didn't add any info regarding setup. I'm running a a self built pc and reaper. I know you're asking regarding pro tools and mac :)

TD, sorry i didn't add any info regarding setup. I'm running a a self built pc and reaper. I know you're asking regarding pro tools and mac :)
No worries at all. Thinking logic may be the way to go. Still interested in what everyone is using though.

I’ve used PT and Logic a lot, but chose Studio One over both of them several years ago and haven’t looked back. PT was the industry standard for a long time, but all of the mainstream DAWs can get the job done. The advantage to Logic is that it’ll probably always be the DAW that most closely follows Apple’s OS updates.

I use Ableton for a lot of live performance things (live looping, click track, master MIDI clock) and I’ve heard Logic has a module/mode that is comparable in a lot of ways now. I’ve been meaning to check it out.

Here’s my setup, currently looking pretty “surgically clean”. We just got our wood floors refinished, so I had to move everything out and then set it up again last week. Let’s see how long I can keep it looking this clean! 😂38FC46C8-E701-44E2-ABC0-B73EFF8817DA.jpeg

I went with logic because garageband was the first daw i got anywhere with, and I wanted to get better quality recordings and mixes for my solo stuff. A similar layout with way more functionality was the right move. Im on the trial version as the imac + ram wasnt cheap but i will be buying it after that. I still plan to hire a local engineer for mastering everything though.

I LOVE how messy and used they look. Also the office desk in the latter. The first two posters home studios looked so clinically clean. I dig the lived in look.

Yep, too much gear crammed into too small a space! For me this is as "uncluttered" as it gets. ;)

Back
Top Bottom