Will the Steelers go undefeated?

Being a die hard Dallas Cowboy fan (since the Bob Hayes days)-I hope not. But the Steelers and Chiefs would be a heck of a game. I'd like to see that!

My wife hopes so. I do not ;-)

Steelers-Chiefs for the AFC title would be a great game either way. They've got 4 games remaining against good teams so it could be tough. (did I just say the Browns are a good team??!!!!??)

I’m inclined to say no. Despite some key injuries I would say they might be the most complete team in the league. The worrying part is they have failed to dominate in the majority of the games...and let’s not forget the giants game went to the wire with Daniel Jones nearly walking it off. Steelers chiefs isn’t exactly a stretch..but does seem the likely afc championship. Don’t trust them, but wouldn’t sleep on the raiders.

I’m inclined to say no. Despite some key injuries I would say they might be the most complete team in the league. The worrying part is they have failed to dominate in the majority of the games...and let’s not forget the giants game went to the wire with Daniel Jones nearly walking it off. Steelers chiefs isn’t exactly a stretch..but does seem the likely afc championship. Don’t trust them, but wouldn’t sleep on the raiders.
The Steelers don't do the domination thing. They rarely run up scores. It's just not in the game plan. I think it's part of an institutional unspoken karma protection program that's been going on since the beginning of my fandom of the Steelers which coincides with Bill Cowher's first year as head coach, so 1992 season.

Steeler fan here - not really concerned about being undefeated personally, would much rather get our 7th Lombardi. I agree with Project Mayhem about their completeness this year. I think we can put up a fight against anyone out out there including the Cheifs. The Chiefs defense is far from perfect.

Steelers vs Chiefs for the AFC Championship would be an awesome game that could go either way. I like both teams, so we shall see what unfolds. 🎸

No, just going with the odds... not to mention a depleted cowboys team with a 3rd or 4th string qb took them down to the wire a couple of weeks ago.

I Don’t have a problem with the Cowboys, the typical cowboys fan, however, is unbearable...and I’m surrounded by them.

But when you consider the disproportionate amount of exposure they get as a perennial .500 team over the last 25 years...it’s easy to understand how the football IQ of the fan base got to where it is.

Re the Steelers, I’m not suggesting running up the score in the Spurrier sense, rather putting the game out of reach. In six of those games the outcome was still in question late in the fourth. I have bet them every week and it’s rarely been comfortable. But I would be very surprised if they didnt make it to the AFC title game. Steelers will match up well with the chiefs.

They might for the regular season, but the Chiefs will beat them in the playoffs. :)

Not so sure about that. Will be an interesting matchup though.

Not a Steelers fan, but they are firing on all cylinders and not sure the KC defence can slow them down. The Steelers are very good on both sides of the ball and are definitely the team to beat this year imo.

Short answer: No.

It's too hard to do that in this league. A dirty secret is that the Steelers DO NOT WANT to go undefeated. Too much press...too much talk. I predict 2 losses. Towards the end of the season when the Division is all but wrapped up.

The Chefs have been proven vulnerable to teams that can make their weapons uncomfy. And those who can keep the offense off the field. Pure talent wise, the Chefs win, but in the playoffs, and an off day will send the Steelers to the SB.

Do NOT look over the Bills. That is a good team.

Much more interesting is the NFC. About 4 teams that have a chance. TB, Seattle, Rams, and GB. Long shot is New Orleans, but don't think that Brees can find a way back to form after that injury...his nature is to fight, so will see him for one more year, but this one won't be it.

R

Short answer: No.

It's too hard to do that in this league. A dirty secret is that the Steelers DO NOT WANT to go undefeated. Too much press...too much talk. I predict 2 losses. Towards the end of the season when the Division is all but wrapped up.

The Chefs have been proven vulnerable to teams that can make their weapons uncomfy. And those who can keep the offense off the field. Pure talent wise, the Chefs win, but in the playoffs, and an off day will send the Steelers to the SB.

Do NOT look over the Bills. That is a good team.

Much more interesting is the NFC. About 4 teams that have a chance. TB, Seattle, Rams, and GB. Long shot is New Orleans, but don't think that Brees can find a way back to form after that injury...his nature is to fight, so will see him for one more year, but this one won't be it.

R

Add the Titans in there for sure too. Maybe the Ravens too, although they have looked suspect as of late.

The Bills give up way too many points. Them and GB aren't much of a threat this year IMO

Regarding KC, it almost seems like they have been reining Mahomes in a little bit this year, possibly to keep him healthy. I'm hoping
this is the case and they will "turn him loose" for the playoffs! We will see.
In any case, I do think it will come down to Pittsburgh and Kansas City.

My biggest concern is that if the Steelers go undefeated, most of the roster will go straight Antonio Brown and I’ll have to stop caring again like I did last season. I can’t have that because Penn State seems to be trying to go completely defeated and I NEED SOMETHING DAMMIT.

Back
Top Bottom