Expression Pedal

Im new to Axe FX111 and this forum, so still getting my head around everything.
My question is regarding an expression pedal for live volume control
Having forked out £'s for Axe FX111 and the FC12, I think the EV range of pedals is quite expensive
I'm interested to learn what other 3rd party pedals people are using that will do the same job?
Also, having got a pedal, do I then have to insert a Vol / Pan block on every single preset Im going to use or is there some sort of Global function I can use to assign the pedal to all presets?
Many thanks for any help !

I made my own expression pedal from a Crybaby Wah GCB-95.
I cannot post the link, but you can check the web page called "ds engineering" and look into the blog section for the article: Guitar DIY 1: build an indestructible expression pedal.

Pretty easy and cheap, if you already have a Crybaby. And it works really well with AXE FX III.

Having forked out £'s for Axe FX111 and the FC12, I think the EV range of pedals is quite expensive
I'm interested to learn what other 3rd party pedals people are using that will do the same job?
Also, having got a pedal, do I then have to insert a Vol / Pan block on every single preset Im going to use or is there some sort of Global function I can use to assign the pedal to all presets?
You don’t need a volume block if you assign it to the global volume. See page 13 in the manual.

a used boss ev5 works nicely. Lightweight too.

all the pedals mentioned are at least double the price of moog ep-3. and they dont do anything better! go with the ep-3. built well, does what it’s supposed to do, nothing more-nothing less.

note: i should add i have a rjm mastermind, not a fractal fc...so i would still double check the specs to make sure they are compatible.

I was in your situation a few months ago. I went through the wringer doing the research. I was even preparing to modify my old Crybaby into an expression pedal, but alas I had sadly trashed it a while back.

I don't have an FC, so that expense wasn't there, but in the end I went for the EV-1. It's quite nice. I'm not regretting it. (Just don't forget to buy the cable.)

The reviews on some of the cheaper EPs out there are not impressive. At least a FAS or Mission EP will last you without taking a crap in six months.

Back
Top Bottom