Spdif input on Axe-Fx 3?

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
How do you tell the axe to use one of the input blocks for spdif?

I see in setup, IO tab, you can setup spdif for an output block but seems it’s not the same for input.

What am I missing?

thx!

You can select either input 1 or 2 to send to the digital output.
Setup>IO Audio>s/pdif/AES Source.....page 70 in the manual.

Last edited:
Are you trying to get signal from Axe SPDIF Input to the grid?

I/O: Audio, Input 1 Source

(Set to SPDIF/AES)

Yes, I was hoping to use input 2 but keep input 1 analog. My impression was input 1 was the on,y option. I’m not in front of my axe now but I’ll take another look.

I’ve reread pg 70 of the manual. Still confused...

What I’m trying to do is use input and output 1 as normal, then use spdif in/out to be able to use the axe for outboard fx for my daw. Ideally at the same time if I have two separate paths on the grid with their own ins and out blocks.

A couple questions about this, since I have a similar problem to that of the OP.

1. The only high impedance input is input 1. Why can't SPDIF input be routed to any other channel, and has to use the only high impedance input? If I want to have an SPDIF capable processor inserted in my signal chain, then I have to connect my instrument to a low impedance input, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a dedicated high impedance input.

2. If I understand correctly, hardware input 1 is mono by design. Does this also apply to SPDIF input on channel 1, or at least we do get an SPDIF stereo input?

Thanks!

A couple questions about this, since I have a similar problem to that of the OP.

1. The only high impedance input is input 1. Why can't SPDIF input be routed to any other channel, and has to use the only high impedance input? If I want to have an SPDIF capable processor inserted in my signal chain, then I have to connect my instrument to a low impedance input, which kind of defeats the purpose of having a dedicated high impedance input.

2. If I understand correctly, hardware input 1 is mono by design. Does this also apply to SPDIF input on channel 1, or at least we do get an SPDIF stereo input?

Thanks!

1. SPDIF input source can now be used with any input. See the recent firmware release notes and this post:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...5-00-public-beta-1.168197/page-6#post-2020309

2. When you use SPDIF with input 1 it can be stereo.

Back
Top Bottom